Vista problem - probably my fault!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista problem - probably my fault!

' cannot find file///C:/Users/Mike/App Data/Local/Temp/Low/ ACRZNHH6.htm. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct '

Using Admin account, I get this message (or similar) when I try to print,print preview or try to download from I E. I have a new computer running Vista Home Premium. Settings etc were transfered from old P C via transfer cable.

Everything is O K when using Guest account and it also works O K with Mozilla Firefox.

Any ideas? I am non-technical so be gentle please!

Thanks

Vintner.

Re: Vista problem - probably my fault!

Sounds like a corrupt profile for the administrator account

Try creating a new account, giving it admin permissions and then deleting the old administrator profile
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Sounds like a corrupt profile for the administrator account

Try creating a new account, giving it admin permissions and then deleting the old administrator profile
      Thanks for your help. I will certainly give that a try.

Comment

It is your fault, sort of.

Programs that do "cleanup" such as CCleaner will remove the low integrity Low folder from the user TEMP directory. This folder is created by Vista with a low integrity level to allow IE 7, which runs in protected mode, to have access. (For this reason Firefox, for example, which does not run in Protected Mode would not show an error).

1. Recreate the folder "Low" in the path:
        C:/Users/Mike/App Data/Local/Temp/

2. Then run the following command:
        icacls C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
        (Do a Ctrl+Shift then hit Enter to run the command in Administrator mode)

3. You will have to do this every time you run your "drive cleaner" utility, or get a different one.

Best regards,
        Bill Castner, MS-MVP
        Last edited by bcastner; 10th June 2007, 22:54.
        * Users Helping Users *
        MS-MVP Windows Networking

Comment

[QUOTE=bcastner;71327]It is your fault, sort of.

Programs that do "cleanup" such as CCleaner will remove the low integrity Low folder from the user TEMP directory. This folder is created by Vista with a low integrity level to allow IE 7, which runs in protected mode, to have access. (For this reason Firefox, for example, which does not run in Protected Mode would not show an error).

1. Recreate the folder "Low" in the path:
          C:/Users/Mike/App Data/Local/Temp/

2. Then run the following command:
          icacls C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\Low /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low
          (Do a Ctrl+Shift then hit Enter to run the command in Administrator mode)

3. You will have to do this every time you run your "drive cleaner" utility, or get a different one.

Best regards,
          Bill Castner, MS-MVP

Thank you for your assistance.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X