Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Authenticate with AD

Hi,

Recently I have worked on two Vista machines that won't authenticate to Active Directory. The first computer logs on but won't allow mapped drives to connect, prompting for a username and password that it doesn't accept.

The second machine I attempted to setup exchange on. Outlook will resolve the server name and put the user details in when I put the username and "check name". As soon as the setup is finished it just keeps prompting for the username and password over again.

Both computer are running Vista Business. Prevously the users had Windows XP machines and were able to access everything.

Thanks
    Last edited by Cogent; 4th May 2007, 00:40.

Re: Can't Authenticate with AD

Firstly you have to enable File shareing

Got to Network and sharing pls check it

Comment

Hm... didn't have any problems with Vista Business when I was joining it to domain, nor I had to enable File sharing as suggested in previous post. Did you do upgrade or clean instal of Vista? If nothing else helps, try rejoining them to domain.

Comment

Both the computers came with Vista pre-installed. Seems odd that I would have to re-join the computer tow computers to the domain.

Comment

Ended up resetting the pc up to the domain and I was able to connect to the exchange server. No idea why it didn't work the first time but it is up and running now. Thanks

Comment

doubt it would of been the problem but maybe the Windows firewall was causing the issue?

I've had problems with it when configuring a PC with XP SP2 onto our network, and turning it off got rid of all the problems (we don't leave it on anyway..)

Comment

Glad to hear you solved the problem. I doubt the firewall was the problem, because the computer was already a member of domain with appropriate permissions.

Comment

Working...
              X