Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corrupt internet explorer

Hi , ive just upgraded a computer from xp to vista it is a packard bell
    everthing worked fine untill i started IE, i get a message that internet explorer encounters a problem and that i have to wait for a solution!!!! the only thing can do is that i close the popup. But explorer doesn`t start. is there a quick and easy way to repair my webbrowser?
    what i first tried was to create a second account and see if IE was working there.
    it didnt . i get the same error message as before.
    so i have to use another computer to browse the web or install firefox

any help is welcome

thanks

Re: corrupt internet explorer

Have you tried downloading IE7 from Microsoft and installing it over the top of the present IE installation.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

try downloading FireFox or IE7 installation files on to a USB memory Stick from the pc you are on currently, and then plug it into your Vista machine and install from there
      changed

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
        Have you tried downloading IE7 from Microsoft and installing it over the top of the present IE installation.
        Thanks but it is what i said i can`t download so i have to do it from another PC.
        But this topic can be closed . i will perform a clean install and never attempt an upgrade this way again it is not just worth the effort a clean install is shorter and less probs i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by mhoogev View Post
          Thanks but it is what i said i can`t download so i have to do it from another PC.
          But this topic can be closed . i will perform a clean install and never attempt an upgrade this way again it is not just worth the effort a clean install is shorter and less probs i guess.
          Sorry, but you have caught me on a real bad day. It stands to reason that if you can't use IE on on machine, then you would have the good sense to go to another machine and use THAT one to download IE. Does one have to included EVERY bloody instruction that you need to follow? Shit, even Luke figured that one out (sorry Luke no insult intended here).

If you had bother to read or search through this forum you would have found the "way" to install a Vista Upgrade version. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=13203

I would suggest you follow the install instructions at the above link and then I will not have to type, download IE7 from Microsoft, using a machine that has a working version or Internet Explorer, save the downloaded IE7 to a CD, CDRW or Flash Drive and transfer that to the machine that has the non working copy of IE7. It's really not that hard, is it?

Good luck with your upgrade, upgrade. If you have any problems, I am sure that there is someone here that will have the knowledge to assist you.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            Shit, even Luke figured that one out (sorry Luke no insult intended here).
            heh, would have giggled even if it was an insult. I'd really like to contribute but seeing as i don't often get a chance to get on here, the problems that i could help with are already solved by the time i get on.
            changed

Comment

Working...
            X