No announcement yet.

Resetting Admin password in Vista

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting Admin password in Vista

I had added my Microsoft Vista Enterprise edition to my corporate domain.. Somehow today I'm getting an error like " Trust between the workstation and primary domain is not there". After that I'm unable to login to my system. Not even by using the local admin credentials. Local administrator password is not working.

can somebody help in restting the local admin password in vista?

Please help....

Re: Resetting Admin password in Vista

Did you try ???

This is what I found

When a computer joins a domain, a Trust Relationship is formed between the Compuer and the Domain, based on the account information in the Active Directory (which depends on the Computer Name). However, if another computer with the same name joins the domain, a new Trust Relationship is created for it. But this causes the Trust Relationship with the original client to be broken. As a result, the original client cannot log on to the domain (but the other client can). Contact your network administrator as the Active Directory entry needs to be reset.

Michael Armstrong
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **