Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Windows Mail, importing from other programs

I have the following problem.

With Vista we have the new mail client 'Windows Mail'. The problem i'm having is that a lot of people here buy the student edition of the new office wich does not include the 'Outlook' version.

So the problem is that when people were using Outlook Express i just can simply import the contacts and e-mail, no problem. But the thing is, a lot of people here were using Outlook, which makes me unable to import the e-mails and the contact, even when i tries exporting them to the CVS format.

Does anybody know a solution to the problem when you are using Windows Mail and you want to import contacts and e-mail from outlook ?

Re: Vista Windows Mail, importing from other programs

Dear DanDanv,

I just opened Windows Mail on my Vista Ultimate Edition and under the menu File->Import->Messages I can find Outlook and Outlook Express 6.

Also under File->Import->Windows Contacts I can find CSV,LDIF,vCard and Outlook Express.

I think this should be enought for your needs.
    Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
    MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Comment

Originally posted by chemelli View Post
      Dear DanDanv,

I just opened Windows Mail on my Vista Ultimate Edition and under the menu File->Import->Messages I can find Outlook and Outlook Express 6.

Also under File->Import->Windows Contacts I can find CSV,LDIF,vCard and Outlook Express.

I think this should be enought for your needs.
      Hi,
      Yes i was aware of the fact that this option is available. But the thing is, i was forgotten to mention this, that when i choose to import let's say as in comma sepperated, i get the message: cannot import, error!

When i import when choosing 'outlook' and then hit next, i get the error message that it cannot import in imapi :S

I will make an screenshot tomorrow of that error as i don't have any vista station within reach.

Comment

In order to create a correct CSV format for import in Windows Mail follow istruction in this post: http://www.winhelpline.info/forum/so...bernehmen.html

Instead for importing messages I was able to import directly from my Outlook2007 configured to get messages from an Exchange2003 SP2.

Can you specify what program and version is the source of those data please ?
        Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
        MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Comment

Working...
        X