Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BUG: Print in Windows Photo Gallery

Dear all,

I found a bug in Windows Photo Gallery when printing a FAX or better a TIF in general...

The image is streched and printed in landscape, no choice is given to the user.

This is a bad regression from the fax service in XP.

Anyone found a workarround ? Or better a fix ?

Simone
    Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
    MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Re: BUG: Print in Windows Photo Gallery

Originally posted by chemelli View Post
    Dear all,

I found a bug in Windows Photo Gallery when printing a FAX or better a TIF in general...

The image is streched and printed in landscape, no choice is given to the user.

This is a bad regression from the fax service in XP.

Anyone found a workarround ? Or better a fix ?

Simone
    I've noticed the same thing. Even if you rotate the image before printing [so it will be in portrait] the software rotates it again to be in landscape. 3 words - WTF! I think they should fix this!

Use something else if want portrait prints.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Opened a incindent at MS support.

Will keep you posted.
      Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
      MCP (Exchange 2003)

(This post is provided as-is with no warranties, expressed or otherwise, and confers no rights.)

Comment

Microsoft just confirmed this is a bug. I hope it is going to provide a fix...
        Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
        MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Microsoft just confirmed this is a bug. I hope it is going to provide a fix...
          Cool, at least they're admitting it and a patch may follow. Thanks for posting an update.
          Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Opened a incindent at MS support.

Will keep you posted.

Hi chemelli,

I am having the same problem as reported by you with fax images being rotated incorrectly no matter what I do to the settings.

I contacted Microsoft about this, and said that this was a reported issue, but they could not find anything on it. Of course, the person couldn't recreate the problem...Their fix is "reinstall". I said "no thanks".

Have you heard anything from them about a fix yet? Also, would you be able to give me your reference # for your report to them, so that they can link my issue to yours so that I can be notified about a fix also.

Thanks a lot!
            Butch

Comment

Going to receive a b number record in a couple of days a MS personal told me.

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Simone
              Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
              MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Simone
                Thanks a lot! Would love to get this fixed.

Comment

I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Simone
                  Hi Simone,

Any word from MS on this? We have not come up with a solution on our end yet.

Thanks,
                  Butch

Comment

I'm still waiting a bug report number and a KB article from Microsoft personell.

I have a out of office message when writing to them stating he come back 25 of march.

Simone
                    Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                    MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

The MS engineer told me that a KB was written. It will took several weeks before it get approved from the main American Microsoft site.

If I can have at least a bug number or reference this in any way I will post here.
                      Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                      MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Well done Detective Simone! That is nearly 6 weeks since your first post. The wheels move slowly at Microsoft. (I would hate to be dying and want them to call an ambulance).

Look forward to your (final) post on this when the KB is eventually released. Will be interesting to see how long the whole process will have taken. Good job on the follow through.
                        11 was a racehorse.
                        22 was 12
                        1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
                        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
                        ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Finally the official answer:

Sir Chemelli,

This mail is about your issue NSRQ070221601881 / Print through the FAX application on Vista.

I have created a KB article and submit it our colleague in US. It will take several weeks before we have a status regarding the validation of the article.

With you agreement Im going to close this issue until I have update regarding the validation of the article.

Before that i m going to send you an email with a summary of this issue.

Yours truly,

Foad AKCHA
                          Platform Desktop Team
                          Microsoft Product Support Service
                          Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                          MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

As soon as you get the KB article #, please let us know.

Has anyone found a decent workaround for this? I've tried a few different programs for printing, but am not pleased with them at all.

Comment

As per today email:

Sir Chemelli,

This mail is about your issue NSRQ070221601881 / Print through the FAX application on Vista.

I still not have update regarding the validation of the KB article. I’ll let you know as soon I have information.

I’m going to close the issue as bug and confirm to you that it will not be decremented.

Yours truly,

Foad AKCHA
                              Platform Desktop Team
                              Microsoft Product Support Service
                              Hace a nice day,

Simone Chemelli
                              MCP (Exchange 2003)

Comment

Working...
                              X