Vista Install = BSOD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Install = BSOD

Ok, I need a little in put here. I have Beta tested Vista From the Dawn of Time.
    And have got my Final RTM Ver. to install. Now before we get started here lets say that this was all tested on and AMD Scoket A System.

Sys Config. Epox KT880 AMD 2500+ CPU 1 GB Ram OCZ ATI 9800 Pro 128
    Western Digital And a SATA Hitchi 80 8 MB 7200 RPM Drive. the WD is a 80Gm 8MB IDE Drive. Frist used before there was SATA Drivers. that System Ran Vista Great No Problems at all. As that was my test system.

Now Im trying to install my RTM Copy from MS, on to my standard Gamer and Work Station. But all I ever get once it hits the desk top and click to close off some boxs is nothing more then BSOD.

System Config ABIT KV-8 Pro VIA 880 Chipset. 754 MOBO Bios Ver.24 Final
    2 WD Raptors 74 GB 10,000 RPM in RAID 0
    AMD 3000+ Cpu
    ATI 1600 AGP 512 MB Video Card
    X-FI Extream Music Sound Card
    Corsair RAM 2 GB DDR 3200C2 Retail.
    ASUS DVD 2MB Buffer (Master)
    Plextor DVD-RW 8Mb Buffer (Slave) On IDE 1 IDE 2 Disable.

the install goes just fine, till I get to the desktop. And click once, BSOD.
    I have even gone as far as to Buying a Retail Copy of Preimum. And I still get the same thing. BSOD.
    And yes I've been over to MS and ran the compat test on this MOBO. And it says that it pass's No Problem. And even did that when ATI had there Vista tester on line. I have even gone as far as Pulling all hardware and clearing BIOS Over night.
    With the Battery Removed. and jumper on clear.
    I've just come to the final concluseion that Vista Don't like this MOBO, Or the MOBO Don't like Vista. Any Ideas ??
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill

Re: Vista Install = BSOD

Test you memory first.

What is the error from the BSOD??

Comment

Dawn of time indeed. Did the dinosaurs eat computers?

I think I read somewhere that ATI can cause problems. I have nVidia 6600GT and it runs sweet.

You might want to have a look at this link to see how to install Vista on difficult machines.
      http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=218375
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by pclinc View Post
        Ok, I need a little in put here. I have Beta tested Vista From the Dawn of Time.
        And have got my Final RTM Ver. to install. Now before we get started here lets say that this was all tested on and AMD Scoket A System.

Sys Config. Epox KT880 AMD 2500+ CPU 1 GB Ram OCZ ATI 9800 Pro 128
        Western Digital And a SATA Hitchi 80 8 MB 7200 RPM Drive. the WD is a 80Gm 8MB IDE Drive. Frist used before there was SATA Drivers. that System Ran Vista Great No Problems at all. As that was my test system.

Now Im trying to install my RTM Copy from MS, on to my standard Gamer and Work Station. But all I ever get once it hits the desk top and click to close off some boxs is nothing more then BSOD.

System Config ABIT KV-8 Pro VIA 880 Chipset. 754 MOBO Bios Ver.24 Final
        2 WD Raptors 74 GB 10,000 RPM in RAID 0
        AMD 3000+ Cpu
        ATI 1600 AGP 512 MB Video Card
        X-FI Extream Music Sound Card
        Corsair RAM 2 GB DDR 3200C2 Retail.
        ASUS DVD 2MB Buffer (Master)
        Plextor DVD-RW 8Mb Buffer (Slave) On IDE 1 IDE 2 Disable.

the install goes just fine, till I get to the desktop. And click once, BSOD.
        I have even gone as far as to Buying a Retail Copy of Preimum. And I still get the same thing. BSOD.
        And yes I've been over to MS and ran the compat test on this MOBO. And it says that it pass's No Problem. And even did that when ATI had there Vista tester on line. I have even gone as far as Pulling all hardware and clearing BIOS Over night.
        With the Battery Removed. and jumper on clear.
        I've just come to the final concluseion that Vista Don't like this MOBO, Or the MOBO Don't like Vista. Any Ideas ??
        I've seen similar problems with my motherboard - DFI LanParty NF4 Ultra.

Anyway it was a driver problem for me. The audio driver... Which is a bundled [it's on the install disc] MS signed driver was causing the problem - go figure. I installed the driver from Realtek for the ACL650 and it's been rock solid since.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Mem has been tested. Out of System in my Mem tester Machine. It's fine.
          Mem set at Default settings 3-6-3 CL2. (Have Even Set @ SPD)

CPU Not OVERCLOCKED. The BSOD was to do with a Hardware Issure.
          Leading me to be with the X-FI Sound Card. As there are no True Real Drivers for this Card. (Under Vista)
          Video Card set @ Default Settings in Bios. Video Mem set to 512. Fast writes Off.
          Have even changed back to former Video Test Card ATI 9800 Pro 128. With the thinking that the X1600 Pro 512 Could be causeing and Issure.
          Have even pulled all Sound cards and left the on board audio off in bios during install. Same thing. bsod. Have even consider to Revert Bios From Ver. 24 Final, back to Bios Ver. 19. Really don't want to,as this could have real problems.
          "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill

Comment

Does anyone get deja vue with this and when Windows 2000 was released re the driver problem.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Well after feather Studie of this Problem, I have Discoverd that Vista has to Old ATI Drivers in it that the ATI X1600 Video cards do not like. Have found the same problem on a UK web sight. So Were going to test the problem by trying to install the OS with a 9600SE AGP 128 Video card and see what happens. THen change the Video cards back and then add to new Drivers for Vista From ATI. Cross Your Toes on this one.

Comment

Working...
              X