Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Management Problems in Win VISTA Business N

Hello,

Got a problem on my new laptop with Vista. The hardware I'm talking about is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A3667G / Turion64 ML-32, 1.8Ghz with 512KB cache L2 / 1GB DDR333 / 100GB / X700 128MB dedicated. Has the logo - Vista Capable!

I've tried to use the power plans within Vista - High Performance, and to create one of my own to use it when I'm connected to the power outlet at home... so that all features are at maximum - no need for restrictions on the % use of the CPU at any time, no screen saver and not to turn off the monitor.

It's all working except for the moment when I'm leaving the desk (I'm locking the laptop) and I close the lid. The monitor is powered off at closing, but when i returned I expected to see it lit after opening. Not the case - is dead cold and nothing will do the trick except powering down and up again.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

Thanks

Re: Power Management Problems in Win VISTA Business N

Have you installed the latest drivers for the laptop? They may have new ones specifically for Vista that fixes this "problem".

[edit] What happens if you just close the lid and NOT lock the keyboard?
    Last edited by biggles77; 19th December 2006, 12:31. Reason: An additional question.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I don't have a Vista installation near me yet so i can only guess from my limited experience with it.

When you reopen the lid on your laptop and press the power button does it take you to a screen that says it is locked and needs your password or does it restart the machine completely??

What are the power options set to when you close your laptops lid???

Comment

You are right. AMD 64 Turion powered laptop have this problem. Doesnt matter you have VISTA os or Windows XP. I saw same problem in 2~3 various laptops before last week. 1 laptop was of "GateWay" and VISTA capable. Same processor , approx same rest of config.

The problem : When laptop is idle , and when you hit space bar to resume, it stucks. Yeah thats a problem. I suggest you to update BIOS of your Fujitsu-Siemens laptop and also update motherboard INF's if required to latest version. It seems like this problem is common in Turion 64. Check out some patches if available @ AMD's web site or at Fujitsu's download site for laptop drivers.

Regards,
        Amey Abhyankar.

Originally posted by auretu View Post
        Hello,

Got a problem on my new laptop with Vista. The hardware I'm talking about is a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo A3667G / Turion64 ML-32, 1.8Ghz with 512KB cache L2 / 1GB DDR333 / 100GB / X700 128MB dedicated. Has the logo - Vista Capable!

I've tried to use the power plans within Vista - High Performance, and to create one of my own to use it when I'm connected to the power outlet at home... so that all features are at maximum - no need for restrictions on the % use of the CPU at any time, no screen saver and not to turn off the monitor.

It's all working except for the moment when I'm leaving the desk (I'm locking the laptop) and I close the lid. The monitor is powered off at closing, but when i returned I expected to see it lit after opening. Not the case - is dead cold and nothing will do the trick except powering down and up again.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

Thanks
        Last edited by sco1984; 27th December 2006, 08:22.
        All in 1
        Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

Comment

i have this problem too, when i close the lid, and open it again, the monitor does not come back on, the best way i have found is to press the sleep key, then wake it back up again, only takes a few seconds but it's damn annoying
          changed

Comment

Working...
          X