Vista RTM 6000 BSOD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista RTM 6000 BSOD

Ok, just a note to see if anyone besides me is having this problem.

My System is a ABIT KV8 Pro 754 /W AMD 3000+
    2 Gig Corsair Ram DDR 400 Retail
    ATI X1600 AGP 512MB Ram
    2 WD Raptor 74 GIG Raid 0 10,000 RPM SATA
    Asus DVD Rom /w 2MB Ram ATA 100 (Master)
    Plextor 716 DVD-CDRW 8MB Ram ATA 66 (Slave)
    IDE 2 OFF

MOBO is @ Defaults settings, When Installing my Vista on this System. It Just goes as far as Testing your System, and Bingo BSOD!
    It will even do this on a Single IDE HD ATA 100 WD.

Now my Test System I have this setup on was a AMD 2500+ /W EPOX KT880
    1 Gig Ram @ DDR400. And it never did a BSOD, Not on the IDE Drive or the SATA Drive. Any Ideas? The Old Man Here is Stumped ! thanks
    "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill

Re: Vista RTM 6000 BSOD

I know you have probably checked but this is just to make sure the bases are covered.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/capable.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...r/default.mspx - This one might be tough if you don't have an O/S installed. A quick XP install (don't know if it runs under 9 and it may reveal why it's playing the wrong tune.

Have you tried going basic? One ATA HDD & DVD ROM, Video, everything else disconnected. If RAID available make sure it is disabled in the BIOS.

When XP cracked it during the install it would leave a log file in the root directory so you could figure out where it had problems. Don't know if Vista does this, might be worth a look.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

An additional suggstion:

Have you also tried using just one ram stick while installing Vista? You may want to run Memtest86+ v1.65 on the memory (preferably one stick at a time, in the same slot). The appropriate memory settings can be found at Corsair's website.
      ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Well Folks, I've been there and done all of that. What I've come to is that it does not like this Abit 754. And to let you know also that if I drop the Hyperthead from X5 (Default) to X1 it will install and run... LOL Like a HOG.! (meaning thats its REAL SLOW) 5min boot into windows alone. and then another 5 min to let everything settle down BEFORE I even click anything. or it will drop on its butt hard (BSOD)LOL.

Well thats ok, I can play with it on my Socket A System. it has no problems with it at all. B SATA Drive or IDE. It just runs good on it.
        And to also let you know I have even tryed the X64 Ver on this 754 System. Same thing, no go. Well thanks for your Ideas and input.
        "Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without Result" -Winston Churchill

Comment

Have you tried a BIOS upgrade (assuming they know about the problem and one is available)? If it is a newish board then I guess they will have to bring one out. If it is older (like us ) then I guess not.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

well, yes I have the last of the bios upgrade there was. Abit KV8 Pro (754)
            Bios Ver.24
            And of all things I waited a year before I got this MOBO. ONLY!!?? To find out that Abit Discounted the MOBO.

So A Last I need to do ANOTHER Upgrade Again.
            Like Im made of Bucks. LOL
            So Im just going to wait for the New Upgrade in April 07 and do a AMD 939 MOBO, But I've Been LQQKIN Real hard at the Intel 775 Chipset.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=240995

Looks like a good deal (Feature Wise)
            But still lookin.

Comment

Working...
            X