Vista RC2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista RC2

I was planning to install Visat, need to know if there is any new build available the latest one I found was 5744

Re: Vista RC2

vista rc2 build number answers a question yet again.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Just for your info MS pulled the RC2 version pretty soon after they released it. They said they had enough people to test.

They are still allowing you to download the RC1 version though.

Comment

Is it stable yet??
        Just another MCP

Comment

Originally posted by fibox View Post
          Is it stable yet??
          I have a friend (yes, do not be surprised, I do have one) who is very happy with it. He has noted that is is a lot more stable than RC1, but this is only one opinion. It has a lot more built-in drivers so it finds more hardware and that is a bonus.

Another person I know has it running in a "test lab" in a school and has turned OFF all the wizz bang features. Runs well on Celeron 2.4GHz with 256MB RAM and it looks just like Windows 2000!
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

It is way more stable then RC1. And like the previous poster already said. More drivers.

Better support for 3rd party software etc.
            It's really comming along..

Comment

Just installed RC2. They (MS) seem to be listening to some of the "concerns" users have over the usability of the interface and various settings. Even after an hour I have notices a lot of changes from RC1.
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

biggles77,

Do you know or anyone else where we can download Vista RC2? I know that you mentioned that MS closed it out. but for those of us who did not get a chance to download it can someone put it up for others to install and test it out themselves.

Would be nice.

Thanks
                gaaq

Comment

Originally posted by gaaq View Post
                  biggles77,

Do you know or anyone else where we can download Vista RC2? I know that you mentioned that MS closed it out. but for those of us who did not get a chance to download it can someone put it up for others to install and test it out themselves.

Would be nice.

Thanks
                  It seems that M$ wouldn't like that and they'd do another cease and desist. Though if you ordered the beta DVD then I think they may send you out the RC2 automatically IIRC.
                  Last edited by JeremyW; 8th November 2006, 17:30. Reason: Corrected grammar
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                  Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                  www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks JeremyW for the info. I guess I will have to wait for it to come out officially.

gaaq

Comment

Vista has gone Gold.

Yeh, just like what he said. http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=11154
                      Last edited by biggles77; 11th November 2006, 14:27. Reason: Big D's post has better links.
                      1 1 was a racehorse.
                      2 2 was 1 2.
                      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Vista is available on torrent sites, but you need a valid key for it thats emailed from MS.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_u View Post
                          Vista is available on torrent sites, but you need a valid key for it thats emailed from MS.
                          Not with Vista RTM. Also, Microsoft has not authorized Vista to be distributed to anyone in any version whatsoever over torrents. No control over what is really in the file.
                          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Wired View Post
                            No control over what is really in the file.

Wired has made an EXCELLENT point here. Please take note of it. Install a non approved version and your system/network could be owned by someone else!!

Microsoft may make available a timebomb version of Vista available for download for those who want to look, trial or test. There was a 120 day version of Windows 2000 Pro, was there an XP version?
                            1 1 was a racehorse.
                            2 2 was 1 2.
                            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                              Microsoft may make available a timebomb version of Vista available for download for those who want to look, trial or test. There was a 120 day version of Windows 2000 Pro, was there an XP version?
                              Yes there was.

Comment

Working...
                              X