PDF printing Missing installed prnters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF printing Missing installed prnters

We're starting to see an issue where a machine will have several printers installed people can print to any of then from word, excel, Chrome etc but for PDF's only one or sometime none show up in the drop down for the list of printers. We're using adobe reader but I've installed Foxit on one I'm testing and it doesn't show any printers installed either. Its not all users. I can;t find a reason PDF docs by whatever viewer wouldn't see the installed Printers

Re: PDF printing Missing installed prnters

Can you post a couple of screenshots to show what you mean?

In Word/Excel, producing a PDF is a Save As option, not print
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Apparently not, every format of screen shot I try it says exceeds the size allowed. Anyway The problem isn't from Word or excel printing to PDF its opening an existing PDF in whatever viewer and selecting print. The the next screen at the top says Printer: it has a drop down menu where you can usually select printers in that ,menu for PDFs it only shows FAX, Sent to One Note 2013, and Microsoft XPS Document Writer. None of the installed printers show in that list.

If I login to this same PC as another user they show. If it were just this machine I'd ignore it or recreate that profile etc but its pretty wide spread throughout our Windows 8 machines with a lot of accounts both students and staff

Comment

Have you tried an uninstall/re-install of Adobe Reader on a selected machine. When you uninstall, make sure it has truly uninstalled and that it has not left settings behind in Program Data etc.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Yes, even tried a different PDF viewer

Comment

I've no idea what to suggest. I can see that other people have had this problem and lots of people saying 'me too!' (I saw an unresolved question on Adobe's Reader Support Forum). Have you posted there - perhaps it is a known issue which now has a solution.
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
            X