Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scheduled screenshots - Software

Hello,

Im looking for a corporate software that is able to take screenshots of the users PC's... does anyone have an idea of a software solution that offers these?
    Im working on a windows network and all my clients are windows xp or windows 7 and a few windows 8.

I've heard that besides the screenshot capability, some programs can give reports about program usage (for example, Vilma from accountings is using internet explorer 25%, SAP 50% and skype 25%).

Anyone know of such software/solution?

Thanks for your help!

PS - User privacy is not an issue, since it would be backed up by an auditing department and the CEO.

Re: Scheduled screenshots - Software

Leaving the legality and ethics of it out of things, I have had experience of the educational version of Net Monitor: http://networklookout.com/ which does much of what you want

For the program usage, SCCM will allow auditing of software use: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/.../gg682005.aspx
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi Ossian...
      Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
      I've already downloaded a copy of net monitor for employees and yep, thats what i was looking for. Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

I never want to work for a company that does this to it's employees.

Does your company employ a bunch of children and/or criminals?

Comment

And, FWIW, user privacy is an issue. Unless the terms of their contracts/mandatory company policies specifically state that their computer usage will be monitored and recorded you could be breaking the law. Also, you need explicit acknowledgement from each employee that they have read and understood the policies where this is documented.

Without that explicit acknowledgement to back you up in a court of law you don't have a leg to stand on.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

I presume that depends on which country this is in?
            But as everyone else has said, I would not want to work in such and environment.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X