Permissions issues trying to fix registry using software tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions issues trying to fix registry using software tools

I use regcleaner to clean up my windows registry and uninstall menu when I uninstall applications and I am surprised to see permissions errors even though I am the adminsitrator of the computer.

Does Microsoft do this to encourage re-installations?

References
    1. Regcleaner downloaded from http://regcleaner.en.softonic.com/.
    2. AMD Catalyst software for hardware downloaded from http://support.amd.com/en-us/download.

Operating system
    Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Error displayed through regcleaner (example as other registry hives have this error so I am afraid to touch)
    --Error report-----
    Error message: File access denied

--Addition information-----
    RegCleaner version = RegCleaner 4.3, Build: 780
    Idler.Enabled = True
    Section = Uninstall
    System mode = Normal
    Cleanup mode =
    NT Mode = True
    Win2k Mode = True
    Administrator = True
    Debug mode = False

--Action Log-----
    Select lang
    Language: C:\Program Files (x86)\RegCleaner\languages\English.rlg
    Column mode change
    Start 4
    Section: Software
    DeleteDupes
    Column click
    Started
    LoadColumnWidths
    TabChange
    Section: Uninstall
    DeleteDupes
    LoadColumnWidths
    MoreInfo
    LoadColumnWidths
    Remove
    RemUninstall
    RemoveRegDir
    Section: Software
    LoadColumnWidths
    DeleteDupes
    Column click
    LoadColumnWidths
    TabChange
    Section: Uninstall
    DeleteDupes
    LoadColumnWidths
    Remove
    RemUninstall
    RemoveRegDir
    Attached Files

Re: Permissions issues trying to fix registry using software tools

I solve this problem by uninstalling the software through the Control Panel > Programs and Features option, and, using the vendor's uninstall feature.

No video appearance appeared to have been affected since Windows boasts of a comprehensive library of native drivers, but we do not really know what happens under the hood unfortunately, as developers we appreciate more in-depth technical information for troubleshooting if possible.

Comment

Re: Permissions issues trying to fix registry using software tools

Some parts of the registry do not allow normal "administrator" access to prevent issues occurring with the system in general.

Using software such as registry cleaner, or any other cleaner for that fact, is not something i would recommend.

Maybe the "developers" of the software should write it correctly so that on an uninstall it removes everything that it has installed, including registry keys and files.

No video appearance appeared to have been affected since Windows boasts of a comprehensive library of native drivers, but we do not really know what happens under the hood unfortunately, as developers we appreciate more in-depth technical information for troubleshooting if possible.
      Care to explain exactly what you mean by this?? Have yo installed the correct drivers for what ever video card you have??

There are numerous resources out there that will help you to understand the registry and how it works.

Comment

Working...
      X