Android studio permissions error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android studio permissions error

I'm having a little trouble as it seems that Android Studio is having a bit of an issue accessing locations that have read-write access within hidden folders, and, there are similar issues with the application being unable to process lengthy directory names.

What do you suggest doing to troubleshoot this and to ask Microsoft support to help I don't have all day and paid support options might be suitable for my boss?

Attached Files

Re: Android studio permissions error

Originally posted by jon80 View Post
    I'm having a little trouble as it seems that Android Studio is having a bit of an issue accessing locations that have read-write access within hidden folders, and, there are similar issues with the application being unable to process lengthy directory names.

What do you suggest doing to troubleshoot this and to ask Microsoft support to help I don't have all day and paid support options might be suitable for my boss?

It's too bad that RAR files cannot uploaded to this forum they might have provided more insight into the installation files on my PC.

Comment

No-one in their right mind here would open a file of unknown contents - txt and jpg are about the limit

Have you contacted the application developers for support?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If you are having read/write errors have you tried installing the application off the C:\ drive (or whichever drive you wish to use), instead of in Program Files?

Older applications tend to have issues with Vista, Win7 and Win8 because they are used to writing to the default Program Files installation folders.

Try creating a folder called Android Studio off the C:\ drive and then carry out a custom install in that folder and see if you encounter the same issues.

[Edit]
        Whoops - just saw the folders in the images. How about simply configuring the app to use a different folder? Failing that, do as Ossian has suggested.
        Last edited by Blood; 11th February 2015, 16:49.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Have you tried running the program elevated? (i.e. right-click and select Run As Administrator)
          Regards,
          Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
          Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
          www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
          X