User rights ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User rights ?

We are using mandatory profiles. We have an app that to run needs to download and install a cert to the personal store. Mandatory profiles prevent this. If I open the program as admin it works. Is there any way of assigning a user rights to import certs to the personal store?

Re: User rights ?

I think the only option you will have is to change to a roaming or local profile.

Comment

Mandatory user profile ?

Is there a way of allowing changes to the Personal cert store when using mandatory profiles?

Comment

Re: Mandatory user profile ?

Merged with your earlier thread in Win8 forum, which IIRC answered the question for you
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes, I'm just looking for work arounds since they won't let me undo the mandatory profiles thousands are using. Like somehow forcing that program to run as admin for a user or somehow downloading the Cert via script. No luck yet

Comment

Have you approached the app vendor and asked for their advice - if they say it requires a personal certificate (per user and not shared) you may have to abandon mandatory profiles
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes I have, the program is Lync 2013 Online and the vendor is Microsoft. I have a case open with them but they haven't responded yet. I was hoping to find a work around as being a school district it would be hard to change profile settings of that type from mandatory in the middle of the school year without having other problems.

Comment

This is by design.

KB for Windows 2000 but I doubt it has changed:
                http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264732
                Regards,
                Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...