Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting the serial number in an ISO

Hi

With MDT 2013, Windows ADK and the Windows 8.1 Update 64 bit (multiple editions) MSDN ISO, how do I create an ISO that allows no more insert the serial number of the Core edition during the its installation?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

Re: Inserting the serial number in an ISO

It is unclear whether you want the product key (which I hope is a MAK) auto completed, or if you want the user to be prompted.

For the former, a very helpful (but apparently unknown) website called has numerous links such as this one that explain the process in small words

Have you considered asking your network administrator to do much of this?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      It is unclear whether you want the product key (which I hope is a MAK) auto completed, or if you want the user to be prompted.

For the former, a very helpful (but apparently unknown) website called has numerous links such as this one that explain the process in small words

Have you considered asking your network administrator to do much of this?
      In practice, reading this guide, I conclude that, to avoid to insert the serial number during the installation, I should simply add the ei.cfg file in the Sources directory of my ISO. That's right?

For you, this guide is also valid for Windows 8.1 Update.

Thanks

Bye
      balubeto

Comment

Yes, that is how I read it too.

AFAIK there is no difference in Win8.1 (or later updates)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X