X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer 11.x 64 bit and Shockwave problem

Hi

I have Windows 8.1 Update 64 bit.

If you want to display with Internet Explorer 11.x 64 bit a video in Shockwave, how should I do?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 17th July 2014, 18:20.
    balubeto

Re: Internet Explorer 11.x 64 bit and Shockwave problem

If you go to the very helpful web site called and look a little into this, you will see that Adobe state Shockwave does NOT work with 64-bit browsers and you should use a 32-bit browser instead

http://helpx.adobe.com/shockwave/kb/...t-windows.html

And for <deity> sake, PLEASE stop posting new threads for every single issue you have with Windows 8 - it would make everyones life easier if you had one thread for Internet Explorer issues and another for app issues. It would also help if you gave a (long) list of all the other forums you had posted exactly the same question on as ing for your issue normally brings up at least a page of them.

Have you considered giving up on Windows 8 (or maybe even on Windows completely) and trying a simpler OS (maybe this one )
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Internet Explorer 11.x 64 bit and Shockwave player problem

In other words, with Internet Explorer 11.x 64 bit, there is a way to correctly view this page https://www.adobe.com/it/shockwave/welcome/ or similar pages?

Thanks

Bye
      Last edited by balubeto; 17th July 2014, 18:20.
      balubeto

Comment

Oh, FFS! Where is the :facepalm: icon when you need it.

Please read the following slowly....

Adobe (the vendors) have said (and they should know?) that Shockwave will NOT (that's NOT repeat NOT) work with a 64-bit browser.

So there appears to be no way of viewing any shockwave page in 64-bit Internet explorer and you must use a 32-bit browser (which will run happily on a 64-bit operating system)

As to why this is, please take it up with Adobe
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I thought that someone had made a Plug-In 64 bit for IE 11.x 64 bit that would allow to view these pages correctly.

Thanks

Bye
          balubeto

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tom
            Oh, FFS! Where is the :facepalm: icon when you need it.
            I really think you mean this one. Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley-slapping.gif
Views:	1
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	466849
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes, this situation clearly calls for applying your palm to someone else's face.

Comment

i think i remember this user posting ads from a chineese cell phone unlocking company, spambot style... and then when you went to the link he posted, your A/V software would go ballistic saying:

"kapersky has just stopped 1,241 attempts to telnet into your computer with the username "Gangnam" and password "Style". the connection was refused.

im glad to see he has grown out of the spam-ninja phase...
                its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
                Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
                X