Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manage the pop-up help tips

Hi

I installed Windows 8.1 Update 1 64-bit.

What command should I use to remove a pop-up help tip shown when I run an app?

If I wanted to eliminate the appearance of these Apps tips from every account, how should I do?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

Re: Manage the pop-up help tips

Hi, take a look here:
    http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/disable...s-8-help-tips/
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
      Ok but if, on a computer, a pop-up help tip appears and, at that time, I did not want to use the command suggested by this pop-up, how should I do to remove it from the screen?

Thanks

Bye
      balubeto

Comment

Follow the tip once and it won't appear again, then disable it as per the previous instructions

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-bd0c6fca3ad3
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Follow the tip once and it won't appear again, then disable it as per the previous instructions

See http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-bd0c6fca3ad3
          I tried to do the Alt+Tab command but the pop-up does not disappear from the screen. How come?

Thanks

Bye
          balubeto

Comment

If you read the thread more carefully, you will see that, while alt+tab is mentioned, the suggestion is still to follow the instructions on the tip

The gpedit works fine - I am using 8.1 on a surface pro 2 and once killed, the tips do not appear again
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

You can disable once you have followed the tip once.

Comment

Working...
              X