Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some intriguing questions on Windows 8.1 Update 1

Hi

I installed Windows 8.1 Update 1 Enterprise 64-bit and I have some questions:

1) How do I remove the lock screen that appears when the computer starts up?

2) How do I set the size of the virtual memory correctly? By chance, there is a few rules to follow to determine this size?

3) How do I see immediately the list of the installed Apps when the Start screen is displayed?

4) How do I eliminate the appearance of the notification panes or reduce their size?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 4th May 2014, 18:57.
    balubeto

Re: Some intriguing questions on Windows 8.1 Update 1

Will need to check the others, but for #2, AFAIK the suggestions for virtual memory are the same as they always have been

Assuming 64-bit Windows 8, I normally give 2xPhysical RAM up to a max of 8Gb, ideally on a different physical drive to the OS.

For 32-bit Win8, max of 4Gb swap file

The main requirement is fixed size (same max and min) and on a defragmented drive.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X