Trouble with javascript in IE 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with javascript in IE 11

Last week I installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 which of course comes with Internet Explorer 11. I have some training videos which I play in Internet Explorer with table of contents on the left side. When I click on any topic in table of contents nothing happens. When I point to any of these topic, in status bar of IE 11 the following appears: javascript:SeekTime(time in seconds); so it seems that javascript function which exists in video training files and moves video to wanted time (topic in TOC) is not called or executed.

When I had Windows 7 Pro with SP1 x64 and Internet Explorer 10 everything worked fine. In fact I tested Windows 7 Pro with SP1 x64 machine and Internet Explorer 11 and the same problem depicted above happens again. Obviously IE 11 causes this problem.

Please help me, I do not want to go backwards and have Windows 7 and IE 10 again but I want to be able to play my training videos normally. My computer is bussiness laptop and it is in domain environment.
    Last edited by boxikg; 11th December 2013, 13:27.

Re: Trouble with javascript in IE 11

A few things to check:

- Have you tried running the site in Compatibility View mode?
    - Have you checked to make sure you've installed any required codex or IE add-ins?
    - Have you verified you're using the 32-bit browser instead of the 64-bit browser?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

All these .html training files are in video training folders. I read that adding local hard drive's .html files to list of sites that will be run in compatibility mode is not possible opposite to adding of external web sites. Speaking of codecs I have installed codec and afterwards video and audio play well, but TOC is not working. I do not know if any add-in is required and how to find it. Also I wonder why running videos in x86 or x64 version of IE would make a difference. I am stuck.

Comment

Would it not be quicker to install an alternative browser (Firefox, Chrome...) and see if that is OK

IE11 has some well documented issues (see http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10...ok_web_access/ for example) and is probably not yet "fit for purpose" (depending on the purpose, I suppose )
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

These are TrainSignal video trainings and I read they only can be run in Internet Explorer (to have TOC), unfortunately.

Comment

Have you made sure you're using the 32 bit version of IE?
            Regards,
            Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
            Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
            www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I started IE directly from Program Files (x86) and opened lesson's .html files. Still TOC does not work. In fact I managed to play .html files in Chrome and Firefox, TOC does not work again. I can not believe this is something related to Windows 8.1 Pro x64. At home TOC works and I use Win 7 Pro with SP1 x86 and IE 11.

Comment

Originally posted by boxikg View Post
                These are TrainSignal video trainings and I read they only can be run in Internet Explorer (to have TOC), unfortunately.
                Dig down in the Additional Contents DVD and look at the WMV files. No need to use IE at all.

Otherwise run IE as Administrator and try Compatibility Mode or turn off Compatibility Mode (can't remember which one).
                Last edited by biggles77; 16th December 2013, 14:21.
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Remove IE11 IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X