Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to communicate with printer

Hi,

I have a strange issue. I have a HP Officejet 4620. I install the printer and it prints fine for first day and the next day, it gives me problem saying that unable to communicate with the printer. Is this an issue with windows 8 I have pro version. I had earlier problem with deskjet 3050a and HP replaced it with officejet 4620. But now this too has same problem whereas HP claims both are compatible or atleast officejet 4620 is known to work with windows 8. Please help guide its frustrating without printer

Re: unable to communicate with printer

How are you connecting?
    (USB / LAN / WiFi...?)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      How are you connecting?
      (USB / LAN / WiFi...?)

Wifi home. It prints when I attach the usb but connection over wifi it prints one day and next day when I try to print it says unable to communicate with printer. Some say check off bidirection support, some say enable it. I tried both, does not work. I reinstall the software, it works one day then have no idea whether the printer goes to sleep or what. When I check the printer wifi, it says connected but when I try to print after one day, It says that unable to communicate with printer. Its not router problem because firewall should not allow at all or allow it. It prints one day then next day it does not. I wonder is there any windows firewall setting or service that stops and stops it. When I print test report by going to printer home page through web,it prints fine but when I try to print any document by giving print command, it says unable to communicate with printer. First I had this problem with deskjet 3056a until HP replaced it with officejet 4620 but same problem
      Last edited by naubahi; 29th August 2013, 03:27.

Comment

Originally posted by naubahi View Post
        Wifi home. It prints when I attach the usb but connection over wifi it prints one day and next day when I try to print it says unable to communicate with printer. Some say check off bidirection support, some say enable it. I tried both, does not work. I reinstall the software, it works one day then have no idea whether the printer goes to sleep or what. When I check the printer wifi, it says connected but when I try to print after one day, It says that unable to communicate with printer. Its not router problem because firewall should not allow at all or allow it. It prints one day then next day it does not. I wonder is there any windows firewall setting or service that stops and stops it. When I print test report by going to printer home page through web,it prints fine but when I try to print any document by giving print command, it says unable to communicate with printer. First I had this problem with deskjet 3056a until HP replaced it with officejet 4620 but same problem
        Does your printer get a DHCP address or is it static?

Comment

static IP Address, I have ensured it has everything ip,subnet,dhcp,dns. I am still wondering that since it is able to print via usb, is it still compatibility issue with windows 8

Comment

Originally posted by naubahi View Post
            static IP Address, I have ensured it has everything ip,subnet,dhcp,dns. I am still wondering that since it is able to print via usb, is it still compatibility issue with windows 8
            So when it fails are you able to ping the printer?

Comment

Does the printer have full access through your LAN? Check the wifi router settings and make sure the printer, which should appear in your list of connected devices, is not restricted.
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X