Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manage the apps in an computer

Hi

In all editions of windows 8, how do I install, update and remove the Apps so that all users can take advantage of this?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

Re: Manage the apps in an computer

Originally posted by balubeto View Post
    In all editions of windows 8, how do I install, update and remove the Apps so that all users can take advantage of this?
    i dont understand your question.

why would you waste the time installing and updating apps if you then want to remove them?

secondly, if you remove the apps, how does anyone take advantage of something that isnt there?

you can install apps just like any other windows version by utilizing the autoplay on the cd/dvd-rom drive...

you can also browse to the location, such as a thumb drive or ftp, and install it from explorer.

then you have the option of using the app store in windows 8 to install m$ apps from there also.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

This thread is about adding and removing Apps. In the post there is also a link to this MSDN article.
      I hope that answers your question.

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
      and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Originally posted by Rems View Post
        This thread is about adding and removing Apps. In the post there is also a link to this MSDN article.
        I hope that answers your question.

/Rems
        Unfortunately, to do this, it is necessary to have a network with a domain and have, of necessity, Windows 8 Enterprise. Right?

I was looking for a solution also applicable for stand-alone computers that have any edition of Windows 8.

Thanks

Bye
        balubeto

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto View Post
          To do this, it is necessary to have a network with a domain and have, of necessity, Windows 8 Enterprise. Right?
          That's not entirely true. Below are quotes from the microsoft article I posted in my previous post. With additional •quotes from that thread from the stackoverflow.com Q&A site,

You can sideload apps on devices running Windows RT and on devices running Windows Server 2012, Windows 8 Enterprise, or Windows® 8 Pro.
          note: To enable sideloading on Windows® 8 Pro device, you must use a sideloading product activation key.
          for Windows 8 Professional, and Windows RT, or a non-domain joined machine, you must buy a sideloading product activation key from Microsoft [source]

You can't sideload apps on any other editions of Windows in your enterprise. However, you can use a developer license to add apps that are in development to other editions of Windows.
          Create App Package, you should be able to copy that to another developer-licensed machine and install it.

From an other MS article:
          For scenarios where Windows RT devices and computers running Windows 8 Pro are more common (like BYOD scenarios); and devices are not always joined to the domain, you can enable sideloading by installing a sideloading product key on the computers.

So by default you can only sideload apps on a domain joined device with Windows 8 Enterprise edition. But you can install a special sideloading product key on Windows 8 Pro and Windows RT devices OR on non-domain joined Windows 8 editions for them to be able sideloading apps.

The Windows 8 home basic edition was never mensioned in the articles that make me believe that you can't siteload apps with that edition. Maybe you can deploy created app packages to Windows 8 home basic devices. But that requires a developer license for all these devices.

/Rems
          Last edited by Rems; 23rd May 2013, 11:33.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
          and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Working...
          X