Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer Crashing on launch

Hi,
    I have Win 8 Pro. whenever i launch IE it crashes and giving error that IE has stopped working......

One more thing whenever i using run command it disappear automatically.....

Re: Internet Explorer Crashing on launch

Hello Guys according to that topic i think that the most sensible thing you can do is quit using internet explorer.Begin using some modern internet browser with more helpful functions and better requirements assistance and that is more protected. I suggest Chrome but Mozilla and Safari are also much better then internet explorer.Thanks a lot!!

web design new york
    Last edited by markspend1; 6th April 2013, 18:40.

Comment

Most likely the add-ons. You can create a shortcut on the desktop and copy paste the code
      Code:
      "%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff
      This information was found from:
      http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by markspend1 View Post
        Hello Guys according to that topic i think that the most sensible thing you can do is quit using internet explorer.Begin using some modern internet browser with more helpful functions and better requirements assistance and that is more protected. I suggest Chrome but Mozilla and Safari are also much better then internet explorer.Thanks a lot!!
        Doesn't really solve the issue though does it. For whatever reason the OP uses IE.

OP,

What errors does Internet Explorer give when it crashes?? Is there anything in the event logs??

Have you tried running it with all Add-Ins disabled?? See uk_network's response.

Comment

getting same issue on some my clients.. its working with Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) option ..but i need some add-ons to work....also getting same issue with some win 7 clients..
          -----
          Waqas

Comment

Which version of IE are you using on the Win7 clients?

Has anyone looked in the event logs and seen what the actual crash message is?
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X