Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD constantly, mostly ntoskrnl

Im really frustrated.

Got bsod constantly on windows 7 so i installed windows 8 and they were still occuring. I tested ram with memtest and memtest86+ with no errors. I tested ssd with hdtune and no errors. Error almost always occurs when im on google chrome.

If i go back to chrome and click reload and load up all the pages when chrome previously crashed i get bsod almost instantly. Also errors mostly occur when im watching videos like on youtube.

specs - core i7 920, 2 x gtx260's, tagan bz 1300w psu, corsair force 3 120gb, ocz 6gb ddr3 c8, asus rampage 2 extreme.

I posted this on other forums too because i urgently need a fix.

thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: BSOD constantly, mostly ntoskrnl

Was Win8 an upgrade or fresh install?
    Have you loaded any codec packs or anything like that?
    does the bsod happen if the machine is idle or just in specific circumstances like Chrome?
    I guess that overheating etc wouldn't be a likely cause if you can reboot and bsod immediately from a previous page.

I guess you have latest drivers for everything (probably not relevant as you've a different OS)
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hey, thanks for your reply.

win 8 was a fresh install. The bsod can happen in idle but rarely, it can take hours before it would bsod on idle and sometimes it doesnt crash when just idle. If i go on chrome or firefox (which i tried yesturday) it crashes quickly if i go on youtube and play a video it will crash soon after. If i try skip the video as in clicking the slider of the video; while trying to load, if i force it by clicking it fast i would get bsod, this happend a few times. Also yeh, if i get the bsod and reload the chrome page it would immediately crash.

Im not really sure what it can be, i used to think it was my hardware but it seems theres no errors in my ram or ssd.

Comment

No overclocking I guess? Try a bios reset and use default settings (aside from ones that need to be changed).
        I would try reseating the CPU with fresh thermal paste and probably trying a single graphics card just to test.

For software what was installed after the Win8 reload?
        Have you tried without AV as well?
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

it crashed even before i installed my software. I do have an overclock on my cpu but i dont think that would be the reason. Maybe i should disable SLI and see if it still crashes.

Comment

It's certainly worth removing the overclock too just to test.
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
              It's certainly worth removing the overclock too just to test.
              Just to let you know i havent used the internet or google chrome ( i use my laptop for that) for around 3 days and i havent gone a single blue screen. So i dont think its anything to do with the overclock. It must be something to do with maybe the belkin drivers, im not sure.

Comment

Fair enough mate. Does chrome have a safe mode without plugins maybe?
                cheers
                Andy

Comment

Sounds like a video issue. Are your cards OK - you mention SLI - are the cables OK, drivers good, is the cooling working as it should?
                  A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                  X