Adding extra shortcuts to the Win+X Menu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding extra shortcuts to the Win+X Menu

Found this link on adding extra shortcuts to the Win+X menu (Bottom Left->Right Click) which looks useful for adding things like RDP, notepad etc that I use all the time.

Windows 8 is continuing to grow on me, not so sure about Office 2013 which as Ossian said in another thread is very like Windows 3.11 in it's colour scheme.

Edit:
    Hashlnk seems not to be working for me anymore to add further shortcuts, but this tool does work and is a good bit easier to use as it's GUI based.
    http://winaero.com/download.php?view.21
    Source Link:
    http://www.addictivetips.com/windows...-8-win-x-menu/
    Last edited by cruachan; 15th April 2013, 22:17.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Re: Adding extra shortcuts to the Win+X Menu

Hello Guys according to that topic i think that Microsoft has also eliminated Start key from windows 8 task bar and has change it with a new Start display thumbnail which seems to be when you move your mouse pointer to bottom-left area of screen.To make Microsoft windows 8 customers life easier, Ms has included a new perspective selection which seems to be when you right-click on excessive bottom-left area of screen.Thanks!!
    Last edited by markspend1; 6th April 2013, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by markspend1 View Post
      Hello Guys according to that topic i think that Microsoft has also eliminated Start key from windows 8 task bar and has change it with a new Start display thumbnail which seems to be when you move your mouse pointer to bottom-left area of screen.To make Microsoft windows 8 customers life easier, Ms has included a new perspective selection which seems to be when you right-click on excessive bottom-left area of screen.Thanks!!
      Yes, the rest of the world, and its dog, has spotted this some months ago.

Please refrain from posting useless information in future
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
        Found this link on adding extra shortcuts to the Win+X menu (Bottom Left->Right Click) which looks useful for adding things like RDP, notepad etc that I use all the time.

Windows 8 is continuing to grow on me, not so sure about Office 2013 which as Ossian said in another thread is very like Windows 3.11 in it's colour scheme.
        Nice find.

I just started adding apps to the taskbar, seeing as i work in Desktop mode most of the time.

Might try this when i convince my boss to let me go to Windows 8 in the corporate environment

Comment

Originally posted by The Bris Vegas Kid
          Might try this when i convince my boss to let me go to Windows 8 in the corporate environment
          Wullie, are you serious about this or were the smilies the real message? Ta.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            Wullie, are you serious about this or were the smilies the real message? Ta.
            I'm running Windows 8 on my works system right now.

In fact i'm typing it in IE10

Its actually not that bad. As I generally work in Desktop mode there is no real difference, other than the start menu, to how I work. Granted I need to go back and learn Windows shortcuts but that's not going to take too long.

I would NOT recommend this for a normal end user though. There is way too much to learn to guarantee there would be no issues.

Comment

Have to say I am in agreement with Wullie (it must be a Scottish thing )

Win8 (apart from bloody TIFKAM) is as good as 7 -- once you find your way around things. The right click menu is a brilliant one once you get used to it. HyperV plus the ability to hibernate makes it excellent for my training work.

As said, no way end-users would get it, though...
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Must indeed be a Scottish thing, after all we did invent everything of any note in the world!

Another thing I like is DaRT 8, having it on a Windows 8 laptop means I can drop an architecture appropriate DaRT image natively onto a USB stick when I'm out on site, rather than having to carry multiple sticks or DVDs. Handy in my job.
                BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                sigpic
                Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
                X