Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing properly the Desktop app

Hi

How do I properly close the Desktop app?

Thanks

Bye
    balubeto

Re: Closing properly the Desktop app

Why would you want to?

In general, apps -- as opposed to applications running in the desktop, and have a close button -- do not seem to close. The only way I have found is to go into task manager and kill it or to use ALT+F4)

I think the desktop "app" ties into the Windows Explorer process and should not be killed, i.e. the desktop (as with previous versions of Windows) should run all the time under the "UI Formerly Known As..."

EDIT -- tells me you can also drag the very top of an app (but not the desktop) to the bottom of the screen and that also closes it. Verified in Task Manager
    Dragging the desktop just minimises it and replaces it with TUIFKA
    Last edited by Ossian; 6th September 2012, 10:40.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If I run the Desktop app from the Metro interface and, afterwards, I go back to this new interface, how do I property close the Desktop app (the old interface)?

Thanks

Bye
      Last edited by balubeto; 7th September 2012, 08:40.
      balubeto

Comment

Sigh... You don't CLOSE it, you HIDE it.
        (The desktop is not an app, it is the visible implementation of the explorer process. If you stop that process.... well... try it via task manager.... and see what happens)

Note the Metro Interface no longer exists.

Also note I take no responsibility for trying killing the explorer process
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X