Wsus and Windows 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wsus and Windows 8

My Laptop with Windows 8 Enterprise is in Domain and Windows Update doesn't work from Wsus. Error 0x80246003
    0x80246003 WU_E_DM_UNKNOWNALGORITHM A download manager operation could not be completed because the file metadata requested an unrecognized hash algorithm.

Any solution for this?

Re: Wsus and Windows 8

A quick google gave this

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...7-0e9269f6a455
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

FFS -- so we need to do a WSUS upgrade to Server 2012 to support Windows 8 clients. That has NEVER happened before. Yet another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned....
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yet another reason Windows 8's Enterprise market share will be pretty much zero.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

To be honest the way I read it was just that the OS was so new that the current WSUS hasn't been updated to support it yet rather than it will never support it.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Well, I hope they do quickly -- A WSUS patch would not be particularly hard and I cannot see enterprises deploying Win8 until it is patchable (via WSUS)
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is anyone actually deploying it though???

Comment

Microsoft made a fix for this. I installed it in our wsus server but I haven't test it yet with new workstation/laptop installation.

KB2734608

Issues that are fixed

This update lets servers that are running Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) 3.2 provide updates to computers that are running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.

Sorry about the missing link. I haven't made 5 posts so I'm not allowed

Comment

Appears to be a bit premature:
                  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...2-97656660a28a
                  Tom Jones
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

Comment

This KB2734608 is up again and with instructions. It seems to be working just fine after I deleted the content of the software distribution folder from my laptop

Comment

Working...
                    X