Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locked out of my Windows 8, how can I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out of my Windows 8, how can I do?

I open my old Dell laptop and when on logon screen, I suddenly couldn’t think of password I have ever set. Now, I am locked out of Windows 8. Is there any way to reset Win 8 administrator password for me? It is my only account for computer and no password reset disk available.Thanks!

AFAIK the Peter Nordahl password disk is still the best - check the Forgot Password forum and there should be info about it

Note to spammers - don't bother posting paid solutions on this thread unless you have a good posting history - otherwise you WILL be banned
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      AFAIK the Peter Nordahl password disk is still the best - check the reset password forum and there should be info about it

Note to spammers - don't bother posting paid solutions on this thread unless you have a good posting history - otherwise you WILL be banned

I tried many free and paid software but not work, ntpassword, opchrack, and paid software like iSeepassword, but not work, so, need future help!
      Last edited by ihaberry; 9th February 2017, 02:37.

Comment

Doesn't matter really. Have you tried the Peter Nordahl password reset disk? Its never failed to work for me.

However if you have logged on with a Microsoft account then you will need to reset that password.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
          Doesn't matter really. Have you tried the Peter Nordahl password reset disk? Its never failed to bypass windows 8 password

However if you have logged on with a Microsoft account then you will need to reset that password.
          Does Peter Nordahl password reset disk work on UEFI based computers?
          Last edited by udenyyp; 13th March 2017, 07:22.

Comment

Originally posted by udenyyp View Post

Does Peter Nordahl password reset disk work on UEFI based computers?
            Don't know. Haven't tried it.

Comment

Working...
            X