No announcement yet.

Transfer windows to other laptop

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer windows to other laptop

Dear All,
    I have a question regarding Windows License on my laptop that I just purchased from store recently.
    Itís Windows 8.1 Home.
    With that Laptop, Hard Drive Rotational Speed is just 5400 RMP.. That is so poor...
    Is there any way that I can transfer windows from that laptop to New laptop please?
    Best regards,

Buy a new hard disk and clone the old one to the new one and if asked reactivate the software.

CloneZilla is a decent cloning tool.

If the license came with the laptop, it will almost certainly be OEM and therefore not allowed to be transferred.
      Upgrading the drive on the other hand will be allowed (reactivation may be needed)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

I think you cannot do this because the Genuine Copy of Windows has product key embedded with the Laptop Motherboard.
        No matter how HDD’s you replace in your Laptop and install OS from Windows Disk, it will ask you to put product key and when you put that it will be considered as Genuine Copy.
        But if you try to clone or create an image of OS, it will give you an error regarding ‘Windows not Genuine’ since the Product Key is registered on Server with old laptops Motherboard.

Tech Support Team
        Last edited by KarltonF; 15th April 2016, 05:07.