Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restore file from couple months ago

Dear All,
    I have a question regarding restore file by system restore.
    One of our client machine attacked by virus, and some files as *.docx, *.pdf etc.. had highly corrupt without repair.
    I tried to make system restore, but i saw only two previous date 9/20/2015 and 9/21/2015.. actually, i want it to restore from 8/15/2015 but i can't see these days appear..
    Do you have other solutions?
    best regards,

If you don't have some other backup solution then you're out of luck.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

System Restore only restores (operating) system files. As JeremyW says, if you don't have a backup solution in place and the files cannot be 'repaired' there's not a lot you can do.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Was Shadow Copy enabled? No, it is NOT a backup but we are clutching at straws here.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I checked on Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\System protection Tab ,
          I saw on Drive C(Boot), it pointed to on..but when i right click on any folder on desktop..i didn't see Previous Version appear .
          Best Regards,

Comment

OK, so its backups or nothing
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Nothing! I know that it is lately to help these corrupt files back.. but just try to find the way from you..
              Best regards,

Comment

Have you spoken with your security vendor to find out if there are any 'special' services that may be available so that you can disinfect the files? What was your machine infected with? Also, which security product are you using?

Comment

Hello Sir,
                  The Help_Encrypt virus was that crush that machine!
                  Also We use Windows Defender and Malware byte to protect that PC.
                  I was looking many third pary software to recover that corrupt files, but no luck!
                  Thanks

Comment

I recommend that you look at changing vendor. Your present supplier, Malwarebytes, should have stopped this. Also, as has been suggested above, get a backup regime in place. It may cost money now, but it will be well worth it if you are hit by another virus.

Comment

Working...
                    X