Network printer problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network printer problem

I've got a few PC's seems to be more everyday that I cannot connect to some network printers on a print server. I can add the printer by IP but not through the network queue. It fails on downloading driver. I have removed all drivers, tried different accounts on the PC. I can add that same printer to other computers etc. So far re imaging has been the only solution. I need them to connect to the printer via the share for our tracking etc. Is there anything I can try

Workgroup or Domain?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Domain. Windows 8.1 Ent PC's Server 2012 Print Server

Comment

Have you tried adding different drivers to the driver installation on the server? For example, we have had instances where a dedicated HP driver refused to install on a client, but an HP universal driver did the trick - or do you need to use a specific driver?
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

We try and use PCL6 just for a standard. But yes I've tried the Universal. The problem here seems like a PC problem because for this one one computer could not add that printer but I could on my PC and most others

Comment

How about running the universal driver installation from the client? You can simply point it at the IP address of the server sharing the printer (or perhaps you mean you have already tried this).
            A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Maybe I've missed it, but how exactly are you installing the drivers on the clients?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Simple way to fix this problem is just telling vista not to try and communicate with the printer via a SNMP. This can be done by just simply right click on the printer in the printers window, choose the ports tab, and select configure port. At the bottom a checkbox will be seen saying something like SNMP status enable. That checkbox is to be unticked and after that printer will start showing online.

Comment

Working...
                X