Biometric Login

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biometric Login

I have a Dell laptop with Win 7. Everytime the user turns on their laptop and clicks on their login icon they get a fingerprint icon with hourglass for about 30 secs. Then it says LogonUI.exe is not working and asks if they would like to log in normally. They do using username and password. However, everytime I try to "Run as Administrator" the same 30 second delay happens.

This laptop does not have a fingerprint reader and never has. The Windows Biometric service is disabled. There is no fingerprint reader listed in Device Manager nor Control Panel under biometrics. I have read numerous forum posts but none can get rid of this issue.

I have run SFC and downloaded the latest system patches from Dell. There is nothing in the BIOS settings related to fingerprint readers. I see no Dell Security software installed and have been working on this off and on for three months.

Does anyone have a clue how to turn this off, or get the 30 second wait to just 1? It is VERY annoying.

Dell says it is a Microsoft problem and Microsoft (surprise, surprise) says to contact Dell.

Re: Biometric Login

I had a similar issue on a laptop but that did have a finger-print reader. However, it had never been activated. I tried various things (uninstalling software, disabling startup items). but I think it was disabling a service that eventually worked. Can't be more specific as this was about 6 or 7 years ago.
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

It will be software that has been installed that will be causing this.

Have a look for the Dell Data Protection software in Programs and remove it if installed, however leave the drivers installed.

Was this system deployed from an image?

Comment

If memory serves most of the Dell Security software is not easily identified as such by the name. It used to be Embassy trust suite, then I think Dell re-branded it with their own name.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Now your going back a while lol.

Its been Dell Data Protection for a while now IIRC but yeah you are correct that it may be called something else.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
            It will be software that has been installed that will be causing this.

Have a look for the Dell Data Protection software in Programs and remove it if installed, however leave the drivers installed.

Was this system deployed from an image?
            This was a one off purchase from Dell to fit the users specific needs. It came from Dell with Win 7 already installed. The laptop has a fingerprint option. We selected not to take it and it is not installed.

I found posts on other forums describing the security software. However, I checked and there is no Embassy or Dell security packages.

Comment

Can you post a screenshot of the Programs installed on the system.

Dell ControlPoint is another one BTW

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                Can you post a screenshot of the Programs installed on the system.

Dell ControlPoint is another one BTW
                Image showing Dell Installed programs enclosed. I installed the Dell System Detect and Dell Command.

Also, and I mention this for info only, the laptop is in a docking station which has the lid closed. Not sure if that is relevant, but there it is.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by shadragon; 26th February 2015, 16:33.

Comment

It might not be a Dell program though.

Comment

Working...
                  X