Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command Prompt of DVD and editing the system registry

Hi

If I perform the boot from the DVD of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit and then I open the Command Prompt, I can run a bat file containing some reg commands to edit the system registry of Windows 7 SP1? If not, how do I edit the system registry from the Windows 7 DVD?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 1st November 2014, 12:18.
    balubeto

Re: Command Prompt of DVD and editing the system registry

Is this the registry within WinPE (as loaded when you boot from media) or is it the offline registry in the actual OS?

Either way, refer to in the first instance

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve and perhaps someone will give more specific help
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Is this the registry within WinPE (as loaded when you boot from media) or is it the offline registry in the actual OS?

Either way, refer to in the first instance

Can you explain what you are trying to achieve and perhaps someone will give more specific help
      I should edit the offline registry.

So, how do I do this?

Thanks

Bye
      balubeto

Comment

Go to and look it up

Thanks

Bye
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It depends on what your batch files do. If they specifically target the offline registry hives, then yes it would edit those.

However, I suspect in your case, this won't acheive your aim.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
          X