Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Explorer no longer displays the LAN computers

Hi

I use Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64 bit, I'm in a local area network (peer to peer), I not do use the homegroup service, and I have no firewall/antivirus activated.

Now, I have a computer that has problems of resource sharing:

1) When opening Windows Explorer from this computer, the LAN computers are no longer displayed. If I access these computers via \\<Computer-Name>, I have no problem. How come?

2) All the resources shared on this machine are no longer accessible to other computers. How come?

Thanks

Bye
    Last edited by balubeto; 5th November 2014, 09:18.
    balubeto

Re: Windows Explorer no longer displays the LAN computers

A clean install may fix this issue.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

any changes? any updates applied ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

If it is a single computer, it is not worth spending the time troubleshooting - just flatten and reinstall using your deployment image
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi

How do I restore the proper operation of the NetBIOS protocol in Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit?

Thanks

Bye
          balubeto

Comment

Could you give us a clue what is currently wrong with it otherwise it is difficult to give any help at all.

Presumably NetBIOS is enabled on the NiC?
            Does this affect one computer (if so, see previous answers) or many?

Thanks

Bye
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              Could you give us a clue what is currently wrong with it otherwise it is difficult to give any help at all.

Presumably NetBIOS is enabled on the NiC?
              Does this affect one computer (if so, see previous answers) or many?

Thanks

Bye
              In practice, the Windows Explorer of a computer on my LAN can not display the list of other computers and these can not display this computer. How come?

Thanks

Bye
              balubeto

Comment

Seem to be in an infinite loop here.... Can you give us MORE information rather than re-stating the original post

Is this every computer or just some?
                Are there any local group policies in effect (I note it is NOT a domain from your original post)?
                What troubleshooting have you already done?

Please post screenshots of the LAN settings (go into all the various levels of detail)

Thanks

Bye
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Seem to be in an infinite loop here.... Can you give us MORE information rather than re-stating the original post

Is this every computer or just some?
                  Are there any local group policies in effect (I note it is NOT a domain from your original post)?
                  What troubleshooting have you already done?

Please post screenshots of the LAN settings (go into all the various levels of detail)

Thanks

Bye
                  My LAN is formed by four computers, one of which acts as a firewall managed by the pfSense S/O.

My problem is on a single computer. In fact, if I turn it off, my network works perfectly.

The solutions already tested are described here https://social.technet.microsoft.com...w7itprogeneral .

Thanks

Bye
                  balubeto

Comment

At last some further information rather than relying on our psychic powers

Is Windows Firewall on or off (on all computers)?
                    If on, try disabling it completely
                    Tom Jones
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

Comment

At last some further information rather than relying on our psychic powers

Is Windows Firewall on or off (on all computers)?
                      If on, try disabling it completely
                      Clearly I turned off the firewall on all computers.

Thanks

Bye
                      balubeto

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto View Post
                        Clearly I turned off the firewall on all computers.

Thanks

Bye
                        Not very "Clearly" - you said "and I have no firewall/antivirus activated" which suggests some additional software, probably MSE

Could you post the network settings screenshots as previously requested
                        Why don't you just nuke the problem computer - it would have saved a lot of time

Thanks

Bye
                        Tom Jones
                        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                        IT Trainer / Consultant
                        Ossian Ltd
                        Scotland

Comment

Not very "Clearly" - you said "and I have no firewall/antivirus activated" which suggests some additional software, probably MSE

Could you post the network settings screenshots as previously requested
                          Why don't you just nuke the problem computer - it would have saved a lot of time

Thanks

Bye
                          I also disabled the antivirus on all computers.

How do I make a snapshot about the network settings?

Thanks

Bye
                          balubeto

Comment

Originally posted by balubeto View Post
                            I also disabled the antivirus on all computers.

How do I make a snapshot about the network settings?

Thanks

Bye
                            But you said originally there is "NO antivirus" - now there is and you have disabled it.
                            Note that with most AV products, it needs to be uninstalled to disable it fully.

Are you seriously saying you don't know how to take a picture of the screen? If that is really the case, FFS how to do it (or follow this link)
                            Tom Jones
                            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                            IT Trainer / Consultant
                            Ossian Ltd
                            Scotland

Comment

But you said originally there is "NO antivirus" - now there is and you have disabled it.
                              Note that with most AV products, it needs to be uninstalled to disable it fully.

Are you seriously saying you don't know how to take a picture of the screen? If that is really the case, FFS how to do it (or follow this link)
                              By chance, do you want to see the ipconfig /all command output to 'ill' computer?

In Windows 7 SP1, how do I delete all the Login credentials to the network?

Thanks

Bye
                              balubeto

Comment

Working...
                              X