No announcement yet.

Windows 7/8 Volume licensing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7/8 Volume licensing

I'm looking for the best way to get licensing for our development testing environment:

We have a dev team, they all use Mac books, but have the need to test different IE versions, on win 7 and 8.

Before there was a team we purchased 3 single seats for Windows 7 Pro, I built images of windows 7 pro using Oracle's VirtualBox, for each version of IE, using a single seat with each.

Times have changed, the single dev has grown into a team of 6, and they all need to be able to launch windows images for testing and not have them complain about activation, piracy, etc., etc.

Can someone point me to a licensing solution that will work for us?

I've had MSDN subscriptions suggested, but since they work on Macs, we'll still need a windows machine to use MSDN, so that's not ideal.

I know I can't be the only admin in the world with this need.

Please help.

Re: Windows 7/8 Volume licensing

doesn't MSDN give you copies of Windows 7 and 8 for testing purposes, as long as it's used for Development as well ?

MSDN development subscription gets you access to pretty much _everything_ if you get the right one.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Windows 7/8 Volume licensing

Registered Partner with Action Pack (about 300 over here) gives 10 client licenses plus one standard server license for most things
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **