Windows 7 and Remote Connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 and Remote Connection

I'm trying to connect to my friend's VM Server (Windows server 2012) on my Windows 7 PC at work, I then get this error message "the system Administrator has restricted the times during which you may log in...." (the error message is also shown in the attachment).
    I can connect to this VM Server just fine from any XP pc at work and at home using my wins 7 laptop. I've tried on other Wins 7 pc at work and I get the same error message. This does not make any sense to me and I don't know what it is that I am missing.
    Would any of you please give me some hint ? Thank you very much.
    Attached Files

Re: Windows 7 and Remote Connection

What setting is on the VM?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Remote-Desktop-20140828.png
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	466863
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Are you using
      a) an AD domain
      b) the same account on your PC and the server?

If a = yes and b = no, the message makes sense - the account you are using has time restrictions (set in user account properties)
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It only did that when I tried on the Wins 7 machines. I can log in to the VM server from home or on any XP machines at work.

Comment

Originally posted by spn View Post
          It only did that when I tried on the Wins 7 machines. I can log in to the VM server from home or on any XP machines at work.
          That post does not answer either of the questions asked. Please provide answers. Thanks.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

are you using a hostname, or an IP to connect?

where is the VM Serve rlocated?
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

It's all working now. Thank you all. I really appreciated your help. It was the time restrictions.

Comment

Working...
              X