Mapped Drive For All Users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapped Drive For All Users

I am creating a UHD for when i install windows 7. I would like there to be 2 locations, that will be mapped automatically for any users that is created on the laptop.

No Domain

Thanks

Re: Mapped Drive For All Users

UHD?

universal home directory?
    useless hard disc?
    ugly hard drive?

where is the folder located? are you talking about mapping a local folder to a drive letter or a network location?

without a domain, you will have to rely on local policy or a logon script applied to the local users of the box as a group, not on an individual basis.

do you know how to use the "subst" command in a batch file? then you could apply the script that would look like:
    Code:
    subst x: C:\UHD\SHARED
    and tie that script into the gpedit.msc/LGPE

but again, the use of the "subst" or "net use" can only be determined when the location of the directory/folder in question is given... if you know the difference in the two commands, i dont need to explain. if not, google it and you will understand why its important.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Sorry about that.

Using Window Automated Installation Kit using thumbdrive(UHD).

Thanks for that, i'll try and see if i can get it to work.

Comment

ah! i see what your saying now. like you wanna have some extra proggies or updates or configs on a key to use post install, yes?

now i understand. i dont think your going to have to specifically mount the volume, windows should assign the key a drive letter as is... but either way, its pretty straight forward.

just include the link to a batch file on the root of that key. you can write the script to run off whatever drive letter m$ gives it...
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Working...
        X