X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Paper Size dissapears in Win7

Hi All

I hope that someone is able to assist me on this problem
    I have googled this problem extensively, but have not found a working solution.

I have a client that recently insisted on upgrading to Windows 7

They use the Pc to do invoices on Sage Pastel Partner.
    Their invoice paper is a custom size that prints on a Epson FX-890.
    (I do realize that this model is not fully compatible with Win7, but it works)

What is happening though, is that windows 7 drops the custom paper size intermittently. The longest that it has kept the setting is about a week, sometimes its missing when the start up the following morning.

Any ideas ?

Re: Custom Paper Size dissapears in Win7

This might be the key bit here:

"(I do realize that this model is not fully compatible with Win7, but it works."

Any idea if there an updated Windows 7 driver for the make/model of the printer you're using?

- Jeff
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Jeff James
    Editorial Director, Content and Community - www.petri.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeffjames3
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffjames3

Comment

It may also be the software itself. I have discovered that Sage products will sometimes lose printer settings. The first thing is to ensure that they are using the latest version of the software.

However, we also had an issue with one of our databases where after upgrading to Win7 the database forms would not print out properly. We had been using an old and reliable printer but there was no dedicated driver for Win7. We had to get a new printer.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Doesn't the printer usually have an earlier model Epson or HP emulation. Can't remember what they are now as I haven't used one for decades (well almost) but it may be documented in the manual. Sage Helpdesk may be able to assist with this as well, assuming they have a competent service.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi Guys
          Thanks for the replies
          I dont thing Sage Pastel has the ability to make changes to a windows printer (I've never seen it make a change in the countless installations i've done)
          It has the option to "Get Paper sizes form windows", I've had this option both on and off, but it made no difference.
          I'm also leaning towards the printer not being fully compatible with Win7, the highest driver I can fin is for Vista.
          I have not tried/looked for any emulation, Wil give it a try.
          I think a more modern model might be the trick, but if I make the client upgrade and Windows still does the same thing...
          I'll work my way through the suggestions though and post my findings

Comment

Seems to be problem of the driver completely. Try to move your docs to PDFs with specified page format and then print these docs under the PDF viewer, as the example of viable solution.

Comment

thanks guys for these tips

Comment

Working...
              X