Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluescreen 0x00000059

Hi there,

I have a HP EliteBook 8570p with the Windows 7 OS. Located on its inside is an Intel Core i7-3520M processor which is running with 2.9 GHz. The memory size amounts to 8 gigabytes. Furthermore this laptop is equipped with a solid state drive of 256 gigabytes. The machine is in a Windows network.

Since two weeks my operating system crashes a few minutes after startup with a bluescreen. Unfortunately there’s only the error message: “error code 0x00000059”. My research has revealed that this may be due to a faulty harddisk.

I replaced the harddisk and installed the latest drivers and Windows updates but the problem is still present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Greeting Tobias

Re: Bluescreen 0x00000059

There is a setting in MSCONFIG to not reboot on error, so you should see the whole of the BSOD and maybe get more information - check what the initial issue is and then track it through to the final crash
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you debugged the dump file??

IMHO start by looking at drivers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

Comment

Blue screen 0x00000059

Hi there,

I have a HP EliteBook 8570p with the Windows 7 OS. Located on its inside is an Intel Core i7-3520M processor which is running with 2.9 GHz. The memory size amounts to 8 gigabytes. Furthermore, this laptop is equipped with a solid-state drive of 256 gigabytes. The machine is in a Windows network.

Since two weeks, my operating system crashes a few minutes after start up with a blue screen. Unfortunately, there’s only the error message: “error code 0x00000059.” My research has revealed that this may be due to a faulty hard disk.
        I replaced the hard disk and installed the latest drivers and Windows updates but the problem is still present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greeting Tobias

Comment

Re: Blue screen 0x00000059

A quick check for that code gave me an MSDN article talking about 'PINBALL File System', and the issue was a nonpooled memory error. They recommend more RAM in the machine.

You said your '...memory size amounts to 8 gigabytes'. Could you clarify '...amounts to...'?
          *RicklesP*
          MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Merged with previous copy of this thread, which was moved to the Windows 7 forum.

There is a very helpful "MOVED" redirect left behind to let you know this is done - it was the top post in the forum, so not TOO difficult to find
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi, you could take out some RAM and just boot with a single stick, if the error happens you could do the same with the other.
              Also windows includes memory diagnostics which may help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/w...-your-computer

Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

update all the firmware and the drivers, then see if that resolves it.

it may not be a faulty disk so much as a faulty chipset, or faulty driver..

when you say you "replaced the hard disk" - does it have a full new system on it, or did you clone the old one ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X