Copying Windows Install to new HD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying Windows Install to new HD

So I recently built a new PC with a 120gig SSD as my main Windows installation drive. I keep most programs on a large HD. I never got around to setting up a backup of the SSD and the thing pooped out on me.

It was replaced under warranty pretty easily but in the meantime I reinstalled windows and got everything re-set up on a 64gb SSD.

I want to mirror what's on the 64gig drive to the 120gig drive but the only software I've been able to find to do this only copies over a 64gig partition, thus splitting my 120gig SSD into 2 partitions of about 60gigs. Not what I want.

The Windows 7 Backup tool want's to copy a single image across all 4 drives I have in the computer.

Any ideas?
    Tim Speciale
    Director, Technology and Business Operations
    Blue Whale Web, Inc.

Re: Copying Windows Install to new HD

Win 7 should let you extend the partition into the unallocated space on the drive in Disk Management and let you use the whole drive.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Copying Windows Install to new HD

Originally posted by cruachan View Post
      Win 7 should let you extend the partition into the unallocated space on the drive in Disk Management and let you use the whole drive.
      I'll look into that. If that's true I feel really silly...the simple answer is usually the best
      Tim Speciale
      Director, Technology and Business Operations
      Blue Whale Web, Inc.

Comment

Working...
      X