Boot image fail to boot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot image fail to boot

I am trying to make a boot image to use from a WDS server. The custom boot image from a Windows 7 iso fails to boot with the following error:

Windows client: An error occurred while trying to start the network: There was not found a similar network card in this view. Get the administrator to add the network adapter for this computer to Windows PE image on the server for Windows Deployment Services.

I have with dism added the LAN Ethernet drivers, but I get the same error.

I have attached the dism log, can some one tell me if I perhaps need to add another driver to the boot image to make it work?
    Attached Files

Re: Boot image fail to boot

Are you certain that you have injected the correct NIC driver?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Yes I am sure it is the correct driver. I have used the same driver on a online Windows 7 image and here the driver is installed.
      But the problem is resolved, I use dism /get-wiminfo and noticed at a boot image have 2 index. Index 1 is Windows PE and index 2 is the actual Windows setup. I have injected the driver to index 1, but on a new clean boot image I injected the driver to index 2 and wupti, works.

Comment

Easy thing to do and well spotted. Thanks for posting back with the fix. Much appreciated.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
        X