hp laserjet2300

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp laserjet2300

Hp Laser jet 2300 PCL6 install in window xp and share on nertwork in office. When i try to install on my laptop with window 7via Lan cable on network. becomes a driver error.
    Error are:
    (window cant finder a driver for hp laserjet2300 series PCL6 on the network.To locate on manually.click ok otherwise click cancel and consult your Network administrator or the printer Manufactures website)

please reply me with solution as soon as possible.

Re: hp laserjet2300

Are the architectures the same or is the server 64-bit and the laptop 32-bit (or vice versa)
    Check the server has both drivers (64 and 32-bit) installed
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      Are the architectures the same or is the server 64-bit and the laptop 32-bit (or vice versa)
      Check the server has both drivers (64 and 32-bit) installed
      Tom, Tom, you replied within an hour. Slow down or everyone will expect such free fast service.

Why has it become so hard to install printers now? I must be getting old and forgetting that you can install the appropriate drivers on the client and then point it the Server the printer is attached to. Is that still how they do it or is there some new fangled process that I don't know about now. Click image for larger version

Name:	angryoldman.gif
Views:	14
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	466801
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I actually missed that the printer is shared on XP, so almost certainly 32-bit, and adding other drivers are a PITA

In this case, as Chris suggests, manually install the correct driver on Win7 and point it at the XP machines IP.

Agree, installing printers used to be easy but I believe the frequency of PEBCAK and PICNIC related errors has increased )
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X