• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows update problem

Hello
    I have a windows 7 pro 64 bit that same microsoft update problem i have
    from the history i see several kb that not be able to download
    i remove manually them and install them manually-and its resolve its install successfully but stile same kb that not be able to download and not found them in the software remove (same of office)
    i run the Microsoft fix-its not resolve,run sfc-not resolve,login with admin localy-not resolve
    what can i do to resolve this problem once?
    Thanks

Re: windows update problem

What are the error codes that are being returned when the updates fail to install?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

That not able to install the update -error (with the kb n.o)
      same of the office ,dot net 4 ,etc..

Comment

How are you delivering the updates - WSUS or direct download?

Have you tried clearing out the update cache?
        http://rahuldpatel.wordpress.com/200...pdate-failure/
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

no sus ,direct
          about the cache no -how? its help ? resolve ?

Comment

Is this a haiku?

the cache ? contains ? corrupted files ? so clearing, clearly ? will re-download them.
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks
              Can you guide me how?
              i do not sure that i understand you

Comment

follow the instructions in the link a few posts up
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                  Is this a haiku?

the cache ? contains ? corrupted files ? so clearing, clearly ? will re-download them.
                  Windows crashed again
                  I am the blue screen of death
                  No-one hears my screams

This may also be worth a look thought I have no personal experience with it. I have used their other tools with good success. http://hacksys.vfreaks.com/winupdate...oter-v1-3.html

Don't you love it when you get an Update error and then click on the link provided and you get "no information on this error" type message. Onya Microsoft.
                  Last edited by biggles77; 6th March 2014, 10:00.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I had the same issue with a few Win7 PCs on my network.
                    I discovered a fix that worked in every case.
                    1. Set Windows Update Settings to "Never Check for Updates (not recommended)"
                    2. Download the following 2 tools...
                    - Windows Update Troubleshooter -- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...troubleshooter
                    - WSUS Offline Updater 1092 -- http://download.wsusoffline.net/wsusoffline1092.zip (you will need to extract this zip file)
                    Put these executable files onto a removable drive (4GB+) or into a root folder you can access from safe mode.
                    3. Restart PC in SAFE MODE, local Administrator.
                    4. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter. This detected and fixes errors in safe mode.
                    5. Reboot from safe mode to NORMAL MODE, local Administrator.
                    6. Run WSUS Offline Updater 1092. Choose your windows version and options.
                    This will open a dos window and download all necessary updates putting them in a folder called CLIENT. This will time, 3.5 GB or so.
                    7. Next, find the CLIENT folder just created by WSUS Offline Updater - Run "UpdateInstaller.exe". Let it complete.
                    8. Reboot your PC, wait 10 minutes to complete what it needs to do, and then run windows update again. You can now set Windows Update Settings back to Automatic.

This assumes you have the newest WU agent installed - windowsupdateagent-7.6-x64.exe
                    If you need help with that, try this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ate-components
                    Best of luck!
                    SMEETECH
                    Last edited by bigeye; 30th May 2017, 23:52.

Comment

Working...
                    X