admin profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admin profile

my user admin user profile will not let me log on. I know the password. awhile back received a message user profile error service service failed log on. now it just says user profile or password incorrect. This is in windows 7 home premium. saved password reset but can not find the usb thumb drive. any way to recovery. everything I have tried the admin profile comes on the screen and i can not proceed.

Re: admin profile

Do you have another admin account you can use?
    If not, look in the "forgot password" forum and specifically at Peter Nordahl's Password Recovery Disk
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Check out this article:
      pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/reset-password-windows-7.htm

Comment

having seen that profile issue you refer to prior, I hope you've got another account ?

otherwise, petter nordahl's disk can help you reset the password, but i don't think it'll help fix the registry thing.

what you might need to fix that, is some other sort of LiveDisc that will allow you to edit the registry in an offline method.

That way, you can boot off the livedisc and edit the registry to resolve the profile isssue

(I know there's an article on it - it's a known issue, but I just don't recall where it is and can't search on it without the specific error)
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          having seen that profile issue you refer to prior, I hope you've got another account ?

otherwise, petter nordahl's disk can help you reset the password, but i don't think it'll help fix the registry thing.

what you might need to fix that, is some other sort of LiveDisc that will allow you to edit the registry in an offline method.

That way, you can boot off the livedisc and edit the registry to resolve the profile isssue

(I know there's an article on it - it's a known issue, but I just don't recall where it is and can't search on it without the specific error)
          Petter Nordahl's disk will let you edit the registry as well

But I can't see anything anywhere that mentions the registry.

Comment

yea, I can't think of the specific knowledge base i mean becdause I can't recall the exact error message
            but I know as soon as I see the error message what it means and what I have to do (or at least, what i need to look at to find out what to do)
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X