remote file sharing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote file sharing

I have installed getvconnect filesharing software on my windows 7 computer, this software work well at home and on my both windows 7 computers, I can share and sync file between both workstation include photo, video, music. But I canít get this software connect & work on my university workstation to home windows 7 computer, Does anyone know how to get getvconnect filesharing work remotely?

Re: remote file sharing

how does the application communicate ?
    I can't imediately see information on the site.
    I suspect the university is blockin a particular type of traffic.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I would speak (nicely) to the University IT gurus and see what they are blocking. Be warned that as soon as "filesharing" is mentioned, you are likely to have to justify this very carefully. Normally the F word brings up thoughts of torrentz (and lot of other things ending in Z - including Zombies), which the uni will block automatically.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

They may already make allowances for the more popular filesharing applications, like Dropbox.

Comment

@Bertmax, i do not want to use dropbox or google drive. because no privacy & security as save a copy of data to someone storage, i think i need someone help on the port forward or ddns setup.

Comment

Originally posted by dovern.tam View Post
            @Bertmax, i do not want to use dropbox or google drive. because no privacy & security as save a copy of data to someone storage, i think i need someone help on the port forward or ddns setup.
            before you go messing around with port forwarding or DDNS, take a windows laptop somewhere ELSE (maybe a friend's house) and see if the file sharing works.
            That will then demonstrate that it's a problem with your local setup, or it's something the university restricts.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X