Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• image problem on windows 7 64 bit

Hello
    I make image on windows 7 64 bit (with ghost ) and after i restore the image to new disk i get message that unable to load desktop...(not remember all the long message )
    i do repair to the windows -not resolve
    restore the image again the same
    Please i need any help \advice how to resolve this problem -i am not be able to make new image
    Thanks

Re: image problem on windows 7 64 bit

You did not say what model and type Dell this is on. Is it a laptop, tablet, or desktop? If older, is the bios set to IDE or AHCI drive interface? If the image was created on a system that had the bios set to IDE then putting the image on a machine with bios set to AHCI will cause the behaviour you mention. Is this Windows 7 home or is it enterprise?

Comment

Originally posted by Southerner View Post
      You did not say what model and type Dell this is on. Is it a laptop, tablet, or desktop? If older, is the bios set to IDE or AHCI drive interface? If the image was created on a system that had the bios set to IDE then putting the image on a machine with bios set to AHCI will cause the behaviour you mention. Is this Windows 7 home or is it enterprise?
      its not dell its hp8100
      windows 7 enterprise
      the hardware are the same as is the pc that crash

Comment

Have you checked the BIOS settings?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
          Have you checked the BIOS settings?
          what to check please write me more information

Comment

Look at and document BIOS settings on original, then check new one conforms
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              Look at and document BIOS settings on original, then check new one conforms
              I write in my first answer
              the hardware are the same as is the pc that crash

Comment

The hardware may be identical (I did spot that when I read the thread), but that does NOT mean the BIOS settings are. It may not help, but is well worth looking at to rule out a possible cause.
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Dell,

Could you clarify when you get this message, is it during or just after Windows goes through the system setup, installing drivers etc? Personally I think it is most likely that there is something in the image itself that is making it fail. Also did you Sysprep the install before taking the image.

In my experience, failures only occurred when I tried to keep network printers in the original reference image, other schools of thought include anti virus software causing problems. As far as the bios settings causing problems I would have thought it would have blue screened. Is it blue screening?

Unfortunately it is most likely that the image may have to be recreated as it is very difficult to change any of the settings once the image has been created, especially if it is failing. There are many topics in Google that relate to image errors when applied to systems.

Jewen.

Comment

Originally posted by jewen View Post
                    Dell,

Could you clarify when you get this message, is it during or just after Windows goes through the system setup, installing drivers etc? Personally I think it is most likely that there is something in the image itself that is making it fail. Also did you Sysprep the install before taking the image.

In my experience, failures only occurred when I tried to keep network printers in the original reference image, other schools of thought include anti virus software causing problems. As far as the bios settings causing problems I would have thought it would have blue screened. Is it blue screening?

Unfortunately it is most likely that the image may have to be recreated as it is very difficult to change any of the settings once the image has been created, especially if it is failing. There are many topics in Google that relate to image errors when applied to systems.

Jewen.
                    Its not sysprep just ghost to image
                    see below attachment with the the message i get
                    all the software are open correct after the system boot up (its login ok to the network, etc..)just i get this massage and not see icons on the desktop
                    Thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I'm guessing this has something to do with the way ghost copied the 100 MB hidden system boot\bitlocker partition. It looks like your version of ghost labelled the hidden partition as c:\ and the OS as d:\
                      How do things look in disk manager hard disk wise? Did ghost restore c:\ and d:\?
                      Before you use ghost I think you need to copy both partitions.
                      Do you have the latest version of symantec ghost? I think its on version 15, or is it an older version?

Edit.
                      You will need to make a new image anyway because the one you have isn't fully functional. You can use the below guide to remove the 100mb partition and the re image, then your current ghost program can be used.
                      http://www.shivaranjan.com/2009/05/1...-installation/

A free imaging tool ive never used but will do the job:
                      http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-macrium.html
                      Last edited by uk_network; 16th December 2013, 01:16.
                      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
                      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
                      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
                        Hi, I'm guessing this has something to do with the way ghost copied the 100 MB hidden system boot\bitlocker partition. It looks like your version of ghost labelled the hidden partition as c:\ and the OS as d:\
                        How do things look in disk manager hard disk wise? Did ghost restore c:\ and d:\?
                        Before you use ghost I think you need to copy both partitions.
                        Do you have the latest version of symantec ghost? I think its on version 15, or is it an older version?

Edit.
                        You will need to make a new image anyway because the one you have isn't fully functional. You can use the below guide to remove the 100mb partition and the re image, then your current ghost program can be used.
                        http://www.shivaranjan.com/2009/05/1...-installation/

A free imaging tool ive never used but will do the job:
                        http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-macrium.html
                        ok
                        Thanks i check and update (its take time)
                        Thanks

Comment

If you are going to be recreating the image anyway, I would strongly recommend attempting to use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). MDT is a free tool and is the recommended way to deploy Microsoft operating systems. The issue you have described seems to be caused by a partitioning error, either an image capture issue with the system partition, or a failure to capture a second partition from the source environment. In either case, MDT controls the partitioning process when deploying and therefore would not have encountered this issue. Here are some good places to start:
                          Walkthrough: Deploying Windows 8.1 from a USB Stick
                          Video: Deploy Windows 8 with MDT

Brandon
                          Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
                          The Springboard Series on TechNet

Comment

Originally posted by WinOutreach2 View Post
                            If you are going to be recreating the image anyway, I would strongly recommend attempting to use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). MDT is a free tool and is the recommended way to deploy Microsoft operating systems. The issue you have described seems to be caused by a partitioning error, either an image capture issue with the system partition, or a failure to capture a second partition from the source environment. In either case, MDT controls the partitioning process when deploying and therefore would not have encountered this issue. Here are some good places to start:
                            Walkthrough: Deploying Windows 8.1 from a USB Stick
                            Video: Deploy Windows 8 with MDT

Brandon
                            Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
                            The Springboard Series on TechNet
                            Thanks for the Tip

Comment

How are you creating the image (yes I know, ghost)?
                              Booting from a floppy?
                              Booting from a USB?
                              Pulling it from the Console?
                              etc
                              etc

Which version of Ghost?
                              Are you using any switches if not using the Console?
                              1 1 was a racehorse.
                              2 2 was 1 2.
                              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                              X