Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP Print RDP

Hi everyone,

Got a VPN setup where one user connect rdp to another computer (win7) in remote location. The remote computer has a network printer (tcp/ip port) installed that is located in location A.

When a user in location B prints from a speciel design program everything look great, but when the user from location A print from the same program using RDP the print layout changes.

We do not redirect print in mstsc. We simply do the same thing as a local user in location B does only remote.

I'm wondering if this a Microsoft "feature" or our program "feature"

Windows test page looks fine when printing locally and rdp print.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Re: TCP Print RDP

Print drivers must usually be the same on all computers involved.

One workaround would be to try printing to PDF (e.g. Bullzip PDF Printer), and then printing the PDF on the remote printer.

Comment

I would make sure both local and remote are using the same exact printer driver and the same printing preferences. Is everyone using the same OS? Same version of application?
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

So you are just connecting to the printer via IP (but over the VPN?), cant be any difference then, must be driver version I think.
        David Silvester
        Systems Administrator

Comment

Thank you.

enderadm:
          The printer version is the same on the remote and local pc.

JeremyW:
          Both Computers af running Windows 7 Pro with same printer driver and settings.
          The application is executed on the remote computer so it's the same version.

davids355:
          That's the thing.. If print look good when working physical at the computer but not when it's controlled remotely.

Comment

Update.

I contacted the programmer that made the application, and I was told that they are aware of this problem but haven't got a solution for it yet.

Their solution for now is to buy another licens for the local machine.

Guess I'll have to wait it out or try som other remote desktop program ex. vnc

Thanks for input.

Comment

You could try using VNC instead of RDP. That should act as a local users controlling the computer.
              Regards,
              Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
              Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
              www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

^^sounds like a good idea. or logmein free.
                David Silvester
                Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
                X