Password lost; BIOS uncooperative

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password lost; BIOS uncooperative

My system is Windows 7 Home Premium, on a Lenovo 3000H PC. I recently set up a standard account. When I went to use my admin account again ... I couldn't remember it.

I thought that was no big problem, since I had a system repair disc. When I finally got the blinkum machine to let me into the BIOS (in order to tell it to put my disc first in the boot order), I was told that there are no other choices of boot order. It boots from the hard drive, period.

There has to be some way to get back my admin rights. If anyone can help with this, I'll be really grateful.

Re: Password lost; BIOS uncooperative

I think you need to press f1 or f2 at boot to enter the bios, and to get the boot menu you press f12 at boot.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Barclay View Post
      . When I finally got the blinkum machine to let me into the BIOS (in order to tell it to put my disc first in the boot order), I was told that there are no other choices of boot order. It boots from the hard drive, period.

There has to be some way to get back my admin rights. If anyone can help with this, I'll be really grateful.
      Thanks for your reply. I think I need some method of recovering my password that does not required using the CD drive.

Comment

I just googled it. A guy has a solution here:
        http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkSta...rd/td-p/541591
        Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
        I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
        MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Have a read through this manual for restoring the system using the recovery partitions, specifically Chapter 2

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/deta...ID=MIGR-4UFUYK

Comment

Working...
          X