Windows Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Updates

I purchased a laptop with Windows 7 in June. Turned in on once and got windows updates. Computer has not been turned on since then until yesterday. i installed Microsofe Essentials and then tried installing Office Professional 2007 and received an error message.
    Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {837BF1EB-D770-94EB-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}, HRESULT: 0X800736fd.

Tried to install twice and got the same message. I thought I might need to get windows updates since it has only been done one time. Tried the windows updates and also got an error code 80090005. I tried using the fix it but it has been checking for updates for 3 hours. I also tried going into safe mode to get updates and updates would not load. Help!

Re: Windows Updates

Try "Safe Mode with Networking" otherwise you will not get any network access

How are you getting the updates - from WSUS or direct from Microsoft?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Windows Updates

Sounds like Windows Installer and\or .NET Framework are corrupt.

Re-install Windows Installer

Also repair .NET Framework from appwiz.cpl.

let us know.

Topper
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
      X