Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Urgent Help in Finding a desktop performance analysis tool

Dear All,

We have thinking to initiate a project this Saturday 24th Aug 2013 in our Organisation to standardize our desktop laptop based on the user group.

We have decided an approach like

- Run Performance monitoring tool on every desktop and laptop to collect their performance report ( CPU,Memory,Disk) for a complete weeks period Saturday-Friday.
    - Collect the performance report and analyze the utilization to see how effectively a desktop or laptop is used.

Now to achieve this I have come here to find a tool which runs on Desktop/Laptop and logs the CPU,RAM,DISK usage report onto CSV file on date basis each day.

If the computer reboots in between the tool should update the CSV from where it left.

Since we are running this app for a complete week it would be better if it writes a new CSV everyday automatically with Date as the file name.

One last thing the app should start the counters automatically with windows startup .

I have found samurize which is a good tool and fulfills most of the requirement, I need help if someone knows how to write the counter data to csv using samurize

if not , a better tool which fulfills all the above criteria. Please help

We are using mixed version of windows OS (XP,7 and

Quick help is much appreciated since we have very little time left
    Last edited by suvratbhat; 22nd August 2013, 18:33. Reason: Subsribed for notifiaction

Re: Need Urgent Help in Finding a desktop performance analysis tool

How about performance counters, built into windows and can be collected automatically using data collection sets

Investigate PerfMon on all Windows OSes

Nothing like giving yourself ample time to prepare for the project, and I have to say, I doubt the information you gather will help you standardise on anything as in general the hardware is far more than the user actually needs
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply ossain.

Infact I have tried using windows perfmon counter the cons are

- Cannot set data collection set to start with windows startup.
      - Through perfmon can be used effectively we cannot configure reporting and writintg it to CSV in Win XP since majority of our machines are on Win XP.

Could someone please help on how to write data to CSV in Samurize. I have tried multiple option but did not find the desired output.

Samurize+ Write the data to CSV is what I am trying to aatrchieve at this point.

Hoping for a quick help.

Thanks,
      Suvrat

Comment

Actually you can get Perfmon to start at startup:
        http://blogs.gusac.net/post/Data-col...-start-up.aspx

You can also convert the log files to CSV using
        relog logfile.blg -f CSV -o newfile.csv

Maybe someone will know something about Samurize -- I certainly havent ever encountered it -- and will appear before tomorrow.
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X